Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Collinite Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Default Collinite Wax

Bought some collinite wax. There products have been around for 80 plus years. Originally made for aircraft. check out their site www.collinite.com. Besides automobiles and plans they make wax for application I would think need no wax, Ie electric cables? Haven't had a chance to use it. But some folks I met at a seminar, before I went into the hospital, about car and feeding your Benz, put on by a local dealer and me. Swear by the product. Not cheap but no Zymol expensive. I did try some on a smal piece of the front fender on my C280 and the car is spotless. Even thou it is wax, it does remove some dirt and pollution, but adds a hard wax coating. Well it did and from the small section I did. The collinite can be applied and removed with a buffer. The company recommends an orbtial by the way. I think this product is a keeper.

I am getting some of the new clear turtle wax. They had a representative at the seminar, and he is sending everyone a free bottle, not a sample bottle but a fee bottle of their new product. Let you all know how that works. I also spoke to the rep about collinite. He said to me off the record as they said. This is one of the best waxes around, but most people never heard of it, except for the diehard car nut and the airplane people who swear by it, for protection from the elements and for more flight speed. The pilots and mechanic feel Colinite does make the surface "slippery" and helps increase air speed and stability?

Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
JCT
Default RE: Collinite Wax

I've used Collinite for years and It's a fantastic product! I wax mine by hand and always get great results I even use it on the windshield and my wheels! The key is not to use too much it goues on so light it's eay to think you need to apply more than what you need ..A little goes a long way. I also applly mine twice a year!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:47 AM

Which Collinite wax do you use?

Old 11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
JCT

I sue the Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s)...It's in the middle tin..The jar will probably last a lifetime. Like I said earlier you dont need to put alot of this stuff it goes on light but because of the color of the wax you might think your'e not putting enough on your car. Apply it lightly and will do wonders for paint protection

Old 12-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Hi, just to let you know, I was turned on to Collinite wax by the dealer that sold me my first Mercedes. He gave me a bottle of the Collinite #845 Insulator Wax. It goes on easily and comes off easily, and lasts a long time. My car sits out all day in a parking lot, summer and winter, and I wax it twice a year. My wife's car get few miles and sets in the garage, hers only needs waxing once a year.