Brand News, Concepts, Rumors and Future Models Got a tip on a new Mercedes coming along? We want to know.

Anyone Want 100 Million Dollars??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default Anyone Want 100 Million Dollars??

LL News

U.S. lawmakers have proposed a more than $100 million in prize money to inventors that help overcome the technical barriers to a widespread commercialization of hydrogen as an energy source, reports Market Watch. While researchers have developed both fuel cell (electric) and hydrogen combustion vehicles, several hurdles still exist. They relate mainly storing enough hydrogen to achieve reasonable range, and extracting hydrogen in a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly manner.

I give gas another 10 years until we start using Hydrogen in a fluent basis.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anyone Want 100 Million Dollars??

ORIGINAL: AMGMercedes

I give gas another 10 years until we start using Hydrogen in a fluent basis.
I hope ur wrong cause i like my gas powered cars and will pay to drive them.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well hydrogen may be used in another ten years but I gurantee, them Big Oil guys will not let it completely take over then. It might become available, at major cities fuel pump but there will be lots of gas cars running around. Even if it was made available today it still would take at least 15-20 years before them type of cars become a common sight, and that's if everone and thier momma, including the people who is struggling to keep the low paying jobs and keep the current car running, bad credit people, and of the likes started buying one. That's what they said about flying cars in the 80s and early 90s. But yet, here we are still on the ground, classic like since the 40s and earlier.

But it would be messed up for someone buying a brand new car only to be told that's obsolete in ten years. That would suck.

They did try all types of ways to power cars before even choosing gas as the primary choice, from steam, to early attempts in electric cars but gas soon prevailed. They been talking about the depletion of fossil fuels and pollution from gas since the beginning, and that might of had a factor of why it took so long for the horse to fade out as the primary personal transportation. It came up as an issue big time in the 70s/ early 80s, hence the rampant creations of small cars (some of them total junk, even when new.) during that era caused the downfall of large block V-8s and muscle cars. It was nothing back in the day to haul the family in a 350 chevy, with a 442 on the side, with a high powered V-8 camaro for the high school son. But now we see a repeat of that era except I think it's more like a scam instead of panic and or misinformation like last time. Lets see, shortage of fuels, leading to "higher price per barrel cost" for the Big Oil companies, which in turn causes the consumer to pay more for gasoline and more importantly heating fuel for homes (off the chart, but unnoticed until the bill comes then the issue comes up and fade away.). So if the what we paying was in direct relationship with the pric per barrel, then the Big OIl companies profit wouldn't have raised as quickly as they have been now all of a sudden. One of them even overthrew Wal-mart off the top of the list. I think in a way, there is something fishy going on and i hope these so called congressional investigations turn up some truth. Well in order for that to happen, the big oil will have to forget to pay off of them important congress people or two. There is oil in other places but our world relations is so messed up due to (as a country) our pompous, do it our way or die, way of dealing with things that has nothing to do with us has closed alot of doors. Yeah we are a super power due partially to the fact we have a great army, great arsenal, and so did Russia in the hayday. With Asia and other parts of the world coming up in the world trade world very fast, The US is not the monolpoly of trade anymore and this continued behavior will lead to a downfall that will put gasoline towards the bottom of our list of worry.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

I hope ur wrong cause i like my gas powered cars and will pay to drive them.
So would I, but gas will probably still be around until we die