Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

W203 Radio Upgrade - Reasonable Price

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Default W203 Radio Upgrade - Reasonable Price

Let's get an exact answer here. Calling all experts- please provide feedback and technical correctionsto enableW203 owners to make the correct decision about radio upgrades.

I have a 2002 C320 with factory in-dash cassette and cd changer in glove box. Sounds okbut, who still uses cassettes, its inconvient tochange cd while driving, and there is no abilityto hook up an IPOD or Satellite radio,......blah blah.

After much research, it appears that upgrading the sound system with a reasonable budget is possible. There are two decent choices:
* Becker Monza 7882
*Audio 10 Becker BE6021 (This is not the Becker MF2910 that is for the older C class W202)

Both are available through many sources on line, I will provide but a few here that will at least provide photos and tech specs instantly:
http://www.perfectmarketaudio.com/
http://www.audio-10.com/

Tech Experts, pleaseclarify the following:
1. Areboth units mentioned aboveplug and play ready, meaning no modifications are needed to the dash/wiring?
2.Is it correct that both units allowaudio steering wheel controlsto function?
3. Is it also correct that there are no special tools or codes needed to install or get these units functioning?
4. What else should we know about replacing the factory unit?

The Becker Monza 7882 allows for MP3's to play. Furthermore, sources such as http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=730sell auxilliary wire harnesses that will allow you to run a satellite radio, IPOD or other devices instead of the CD changer. The unit will not permit both cd changer and auxilliary device to function, its one or the other, which is no big deal since this unit has an in-dash cd player with MP3 capability.

The Audio 10 Becker 6021 offers in dash cd and will allow you to use the factory cd changer. It looks great! Tech experts, are there wiring harnesses out there for this unit to allow for an auxilliary device instead of using the cd changer?

Hopefuly, this will provideW203 ownerswith asimple answer and choices about radio upgrades. I have not yet my choice on which unit to buy.
Thanks,
Al

Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM

thanks for the info