Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Sirius Radio - 2004 S430

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Default Sirius Radio - 2004 S430

Hello all and thanks in advance for any feedback. I am looking to add a Sirius radio to my 2004 S430. I installed the Cell-Blue Tooth installation last week and all went very well after researching MB forums (thanks to all).
My vehicle has nav, CD and phone already prewired.

I read many threads on the Sirius Install and have a few questions. I took out the trunk panel to look and see what was and was not there. Here are where my questions lay. I have pics but will put them up as needed.

My car has the Nav and CD unit installed and both are wired and work. They both can be accessed without moving the panel (as you all know).

I assuming that the color wires are copper and the orange colored wired are the fiber optics. Excuse the Caps in the message but I used them to ask questions.

Upon taking the back panel out, I noticed that the below the Nav and CD units are two other units. The closest one to the wheel well, towards the rear and looks like an amp, has a wire harness (all copper) (WHAT IS THIS FOR?). It also has a smaller 3-wire connector (WHAT IS THIS FOR?) and the orange fiber connection. There is also what looks like a fan on the other side of the unit.

The second unit, closest to the trunk (towards the rear) has a 3-wire copper connection and the opposite side has the fiber connection.
I did not find any loose fiber cables in this area but I did find two thin cables. One blue and one white, which seem to run from the units area to the back of the car to the other side (passenger). WHAT ARE THESE CABLES FOR and WHERE DO THEY RUN?

The bracket which houses the Nav and CD changer looks like it could hold another unit on the top as the way the frame is formed, there are sides that flare up. WILL THIS BE ABLE TO HOLD THE SIRIUS UNIT?
So my other general questions are, is my car plug n play for Sirius? If so, do I need fiber connections to connection to the MOST System? If I do, where would they be?

The reciever I am currently negotiating for is the B6 783 0086, which in doing the research is the unit for my vehicle. My research also shows I need an install kit, B6 783 0086. IS THIS THE SAME AS THE BRACKET? If not, WHAT IS IN THE INSTALL KIT?

I also will need the antenna B6 783 00XX. I may have found a black one. The MBRACE antenna on the car is black so it may not look so bad on my gray Benz. If needed, can I paint this antenna? I am looking for the primed antenna but cant seem to find one.

Lastly, when I took off the rear panel, I noticed a rectangle plastic box, to the top and towards the front of the vehicle, that has a handful on connectors going into it. What is this box and its connectors?

Thanks again for any input but want to make sure that when I pull the plug on buying the Sirius Radio, I wont be pulling my hair out trying to install it.

Jim (Maryland)