Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Default IPOD

Mercedes has recently announced in its international web-site (http://www.mercedes-benz.com/content...ml?flashstop=1) that an Ipod interface kit, installed upon request for the first time on the B series from May 2005, is now available from July 2005 for all the new model series of cars (including C, E, S , CLK, ML, CLS, SLK). The kit allows to connect any new generation IPOD to the Comand APS and to manage the IPOD through the car hi-fi commands.

However, this feature continues to be included only in the Series B brochure and without any indication of the price.

Is there anybody who knows if the kiy is already available for the new ML and which is the price of the kit?

As alternative, I know that the CD changer (optional on most of the Mercedes), includes an AUX input available for an IPOD. Do you know if any additional installation (cabling, SW, etc.) is required to simply connect the IPOD to the hi-fi system?

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Default RE: IPOD

ORIGINAL: GIMIX

Mercedes has recently announced in its international web-site (http://www.mercedes-benz.com/content...ml?flashstop=1) that an Ipod interface kit, installed upon request for the first time on the B series from May 2005, is now available from July 2005 for all the new model series of cars (including C, E, S , CLK, ML, CLS, SLK). The kit allows to connect any new generation IPOD to the Comand APS and to manage the IPOD through the car hi-fi commands.

However, this feature continues to be included only in the Series B brochure and without any indication of the price.

Is there anybody who knows if the kiy is already available for the new ML and which is the price of the kit?

As alternative, I know that the CD changer (optional on most of the Mercedes), includes an AUX input available for an IPOD. Do you know if any additional installation (cabling, SW, etc.) is required to simply connect the IPOD to the hi-fi system?

Thanks.
Belkin makes the coolest attachment for an iPod. It allows the iPod to transmit directly to my car's FM radio. Positioned on a white stalk growing from the cigarette lighter it makes for easy dialing; and since it is always positioned the same distance from the Bose there is never any audio ebb and flow. I bought it at the Shaper Image for about $80.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/0D5BA8B7F3B7441ABE519822A794FE06.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2005, 07:56 PM

The list price for the C-class adaptor is 299.00. I assume it's the same or close for the ML. Installation was easy but you do need to have Mercedes program your computer to accept it. The aux adaptor allows you to hook up any music source but the actual ipod adaptor allows you to control your ipod with your steering wheel. It's a cool feature but I would rather Mercedes make a cd changer that plays MP3s.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:21 PM

Thanks.

i am looking 4 2006 clk350, so ipod interation kit is standard on clk 350?? or i need to still buy ipod kit from dealership???

Old 10-10-2005, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: tailspin808

... but I would rather Mercedes make a cd changer that plays MP3s.
MB does have CD changers that have MP3 capability - for cars with MOST wiring.

GIMIX, I take it you have an M-class with MOST wiring (W164)? If so, retrofitting the iPod kit shouldn't be too difficult. And whether or not you need to get your car reprogrammed through Stardiagnose depends on what menus are currently active in your instrument cluster...

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 10-26-2005, 05:21 PM

You said the installation was easy, how did you do it? Is it simply pulling the radio out and connecting the cable? I have a 2006 c230 and really want to get the ipod adapter. Anyone know how the radio comes out? thanks

Old 10-28-2005, 07:33 AM

Thanks.
The Belkin Ipod attachment that I added to my 2006 55 SL AMG (see above)....well, I am so happy with it that I bought one for my Bangkok based 2005 200 SLK. I really like the way it mounts into the cig lighter.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: corkscrew

Thanks.
The Belkin Ipod attachment that I added to my 2006 55 SL AMG (see above)....well, I am so happy with it that I bought one for my Bangkok based 2005 200 SLK. I really like the way it mounts into the cig lighter.
Yikes, the picture didn't take on the fiirst go. I'll try again. Since Bangkok has very many FM stations I had to search widely for a vacant spot...found one at 88.2.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7339/708B0506155842CFB411B283438C0079.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 AM

so how is the bleed over from the radio stations? Or does it completely override them? Basically, how is the sound quality? CD quality?

Old 01-12-2006, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: filip75

so how is the bleed over from the radio stations? Or does it completely override them? Basically, how is the sound quality? CD quality?
Here in Bangkok it does not work that well....perhaps because here there is not as much control over FM frequencies. But in Florida it works very well...such find a spot on your dial that doesn't carry an FM station (e.g., 88.1) and tune the Belkin to 88.1 too. I think it sounds just as good as the in-car CD.

Quick Reply: IPOD