Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Default First Time Buyer

Hey guys,

Selling my BMW 325i M Sport wagon, and am considering making the switch to a Benz. Only problem is, I don't know anything about the models and classes.

Can anyone give me a quick run down of models, classes, different specs. For example, avantgarde, AMG, CGI etc. These are the things I'm seeing when I search for them.

I need a wagon, and something a bit more faster or powerful than my 325i would be nice, but not essential. Am looking to get something 2008 and above.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:14 PM

C Class is most like your 3 Series. I don't have a ton of knowledge regarding power etc but a little research should help you out. The C is typically more smooth and comfortable but the handling may not be as sharp. Your preferences should help you. Test drive cars in the C Class range.
Avantgarde is the MB designation for the last year of a particular body style before a major change, not just a refresh.
AMG used to be comparable to M but now is more related to body additions and appearance much like BMW M Sport. AMG is available on a lot of C Class cars today, often as standard equipment.
In both cases there are true M cars and AMG cars as well with large engines, excellent handling and high price tags.
Others can chime in if I misspoke about anything.
Anything larger would be an E Class which is most compared to a 5 Series.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:03 AM

Correction about the Avantgarde

The packages refer to trim levels, both interior and exterior.
Standard is basic or classic trim
Avantgarde is more exclusive/classy. BMW have something similar in their new vehicles.
AMG is more sporty like the Sports package of BMW.

The cars come as petrol and diesel and the CGI is a turbo which replaced the kompressor supercharged models.
CDI is diesel.
Those with no designation are 6 cylinder models.

Last edited by tron; 11-28-2015 at 04:05 AM.