Wheels/Tires Need custom rims? Have a tire question? Come in and let's talk.

18 in tsw bremma

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Default 18 in tsw bremma

im new here so anyways i am planning on buying 18 in tsw bremma for my 02 c240 from what ive heard there will be some clearence problems rubbing against the front brakes and that i will need to purchase wheel spacers is this true the people that told this info dont even own a mercedes

Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: 18 in tsw bremma

Every wheel is different. Even when the manufacturer claims that the wheel will fit, it sometimes doesn't. Hence the situation I'm in now. After buying a set of wheels that was designed for a Mercedes the front rims skim the brake caliper by about 1mm so I've had to order 3mm spacers which, of course, are backordered leaving me with a $2200 upgrade that still sits at the shop. The best and most accurate ay to find out is to dry fit the wheels you want to buy, then you'll know for sure if you need spacers or not. I went round and round with the wheel manufacturer when he kept telling me I was mounting them incorrectly or doing something wrong and that the wheels fit. It wasn't until I sent him a photo of the scrape marks on the caliper and let him hear it over the phone that he conceeded that the wheels did not fit. I'm getting the spacers for free out of the deal which I guess is okay, but it would have been nice to not have to wait an additional 2 weeks. Moral of the story, whoever told you that you need spacers may be correct, test fit and find out for sure. Good luck.

P.S. If the spacers come in today like they are supposed to I'll have the wheels on tonight and will post pics in my photo gallery (RJc230).