For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1991 560Sec

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Default For Sale: 1991 560Sec

1991 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series
Title: 1991 Mercedes 560SEC BLACK Coupe w126 SHARP CA 560

Mileage: 150,000+ miles (just over 150,000. Still driving daily, so ask for approximate if interested.)

Vehicle Information
VIN: WDBCA45E0MA606743 | Get the Vehicle History Report

Inspection: Inspection up in June

Warranty: No

Vehicle title: Clear

Condition: Used

For sale by: Owner

Features
Body type: Coupe Engine: 8 Cylinder Exterior color: Black

Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Tan

Options
Sunroof Leather seats Cassette player

CD player Anti-lock brakes Driver airbag

Passenger airbag Air conditioning Cruise control

Power locks Power windows Power seats

Description
Vehicle Description

This one is a driver and not a show car. The car has 150,000 miles and spent 8 years in California, then was in South Carolina untill 2004. Then went to NJ where the dealer I bought it from, purchased it at an Exotic Car sale in January of 2008 with hopes to restore it to mint condition. Great power and a great looker! At $70,000 new it makes a very nice statement when you pull up!! This one has a very powerful 560 motor. Pillarless Coupe since all 4 windows are working properly. The 4 wheel disk brakes are great and it stops the car nice and smooth. The suspension feels nice and tight. The wheels are 16 inch Mercedes 8 hole wheels and are a bit wider than factory to make her handle even better. The wheels are in very nice shape and the tires are new bridgestones as of last year. The exhaust is nice and clean. The chrome on the front and rear bumper is in super shape and is bright and shiney. There is only one rust bubble on the rear quarter panel on the drivers side. The car is very clean since it was from southern or CA. There are a few dents that have not broken the paint and I showed them on the passenger side. Also the passenger side mirror is broken. (deer) Haven't gotten around to replacing it. The drivers side door panel should be changed since it is a little worn. The seats are palamino and still have good color. The dash is nice and clean and the back dash is too. The front bumper cover is all there but is pulled out on the bottom from a curb and needs to be painted anyways. The fog lights are working. The Power locks, power windows, power telescopic wheel, dash lights, cluster gauges, wipers, lights and power sunroof are working. The seatbelt power arm works but not all the time. Probably just needs a new fuse. The radio is showing wait and I have never had it working since I bought it. I have the code, but it will only flash Wait. Local dealership suggested buying a new headunit. The spare, jack and tire iron is included with some tools. The ASR (Anti slip restraint I believe) and ABS light are on. The car has traction control and anti lock brakes but I guess they are not working since these lights are on. The car idles at 1400 rpms in Park or Neutral but as soon as it's in drive it's at 900 RPM. I was told it may be a idle control valve and they sell on Ebay for under $100. It has had a new climate control panel. The heated seats work great. The power seats work on both sides, The burl wood trim is pretty nice as you can see. The leather wrapped steering wheel is normal for the miles. There are a few things to address on this car as mentioned but overall it is a really sharp car with a strong drivetrain so it's worth driving and refreshing.

Nadaguides prices it at around $4,500
I'm asking $3,800 firm
Buyer responsible for pickup.

Also, pictures of the car can be found in photo gallery.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:39 PM

hey , was wondering if the car is still for sale . let me know i love that car

Old 04-23-2010, 12:52 PM

yes, the car is still for sale. Since the last posting I have replaced all of the belts and put in a brand new battery earlier this month. New brakes were installed the same time as the belts. Newer bridgestone potenza tires with 90% tread left. Car now has around 152,000 miles on it. I also have lowered the price to $3500 and not a penny less.