For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mercedes C230 Kompressor 2005 is for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 02:02 PM
Default Mercedes C230 Kompressor 2005 is for sale

Mercedes C230 Kompressor 2005 is for sale

My wife is the only owner and driver of this car. The car has 88,895 miles, has served her commuting to work within Nashville extremely well over the past 16 years. Regularly serviced during the first 6 years at the Mercedes dealership, then at a private Mercedes specialized garage where the owner had 50 year Mercedes-specific experience.

Both the outside and inside of the car look perfect, very clean (please see the photos).

Unfortunately, in the past month it started to have a problem with “cylinder 4 misfire”. Basically, sometimes when applying the brake to stop at a stop sign or a red light, the idling becomes uneven and the check engine light comes on (the code reader says cylinder 4 misfire). When increasing speed, the misfire is less noticeable. Then next day the car might work fine, but maybe a day or two later the same thing happens again.

First I took the car to the gentleman at the Mercedes specialized garage. He changed the spark plugs, the coil, checked other things, but ultimately recommended that I took it to the Mercedes Service Department – which I did. Over there they checked it very thoroughly. First they thought that the fuel injector was faulty, so they ordered an original part ($1,200) from Germany. However, even after installing it, the problem (cylinder 4 misfire coming on and off) persisted.

Since we are not car mechanics, we felt that we offer the car for sale. Hopefully a buyer with expertise in Mercedes cars could fix this issue. Asking price is $3,200.

Please email us at krudygimi@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Thank you.