For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: K40 Radar / Laser complete protection - $1500 retail, CHEAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:55 PM
Default FS: K40 Radar / Laser complete protection - $1500 retail, CHEAP

==[[SOLD]]==

yea so this system is amazing if you've ever read about it. it's a dealer option on ferraris, porsches, and as i'm sure most of you know: mercedes. retail price before installation costs is $1500 total for both systems.
http://www.k40.com

yes, this is their most current product pair. model #s are the K40-2000P undetectable radar detector system (front and rear protection) and the LD5500PLUS laser diffuser system. if you send in the warranty cards for each system (included), k40 guarantees you won't get a ticket for 1 full year, and if you do, they'll pay for it. real deal: people and magazine reviews vouch this. even if you don't want to buy it i'd recommend reading the reviews if you have some free time because it's just interesting stuff to know about. there's also a guarantee against theft.

so anyway, i'm looking to get $500. the stuff has never been used, still in original packaging, wires still wrapped in original twist ties and everything, i just took it out to take some pictures.

PICS: here's a couple 320x240s, i have more pics at 1600x1200 available through email

Old 01-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Default RE: FS: K40 Radar / Laser complete protection - $1500 retail, CHEAP

and apparently this site isn't supported by WTDR. oh well, plenty of pics available through email, and vouches through other forums or ebay.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:16 AM

more recent review my friend sent me

2004 Radar Detector Test and Buyer's Guide

Old 03-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Email me at dcmadsen@yahoo.com, I might be interested.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM

emailed, thanks for the interest

Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 AM

Just to clarify for all, radar detectors become "undetectable" to radar detector detectors by turning themselves off. When that happens, you have NO protection from radar. You may as well not have a radar detector. Of course, most speeding tickets are under $1500 or $525. They can add up if you get caught a couple times or more, though. This feature on the one I use is optional. I keep it disabled.

On the other hand, the only people who need an undetectable radar detector are those who drive in Virginia or Wash, DC (in the USA).

I think the guarantee is a joke. JMO, but every radar detector comes with one, even the $49 ones.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:37 PM

actually the "undetectable" in this case is the fact that it's not a windshield mounted unit...meaning nobody knows it's in your car, be it a cop or a thief. i'm not really sure about your VG2 turning the unit off theory, but that doesn't apply to this anyway. and buddy, none of them come with guarantees that involve paying your tickets other than the K40. it's real, go read about it somewhere.

and in other news...new price of $500. now 1/3 of retail...

Old 04-02-2005, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut
radar detectors become "undetectable" to radar detector detectors by turning themselves off.
Lugnut you are dead wrong. The VG-2 undetectable units will work right next to a VA State Troopers car who has a Radar dectector (VG-2) working. Trust me I KNOW.

JohnM

Old 04-02-2005, 05:58 PM

A radar detector can be detected by VG2 if it's just out of sight. I agree that it can't be detected visually, but VG2 will sniff it out.

VG2 has to receive the transmitted signals of a radar detector in order to detect it. All radar detectors transmit a signal. The ones that don't turn themselves off can or will eventually be detectable by VG2. It's only a matter of time until the VG2 manufacturer includes any new transmitting frequencies. At best, the undetectability is temporary. The VG2 guys are by nature one step behind the radar detector guys. They're right on their heels, though.

If a radar detector doesn't include a offer to pay speeding tickets, it's a late development. Every one I've ever bought included one.

Old 04-02-2005, 06:10 PM

So, now there's a new radar detector detector called Spectre RDD. It was developed in Canada and is now being used in VA and DC. Spectre RDD is immune to so-called VG2-proof radar detectors. Bummer, eh? Told ya. Right on their heels.

Quick Reply: FS: K40 Radar / Laser complete protection - $1500 retail, CHEAP