For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fs:1973 280se

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Default Fs:1973 280se

Selling my beloved blue 280SE. My ebay ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29410574915...1758.m4704This is a great survivor. An honest, numbers matching, straight, no accident all-original vehicle that still sports it’s original paint. Mechanically it is excellent. Starts right up and drives ultra smooth and strong like they should. I spared no expense when I took over ownership to

make a good solid car into a reliable driver. A list of items that were taken care of when the car was in my possession were f/r brakes, coolant, transmission, differential brake fluid change and replacement of all fuel hoses in engine compartment. I even have the receipts from the previous owners dating back many years as well as the original manuals and the ID plate/Tag! It has always been a California car until we moved to Colorado in 2020.

What does not work:

1. -Speedometer makes a whining noise when cold.

-Air-conditioning works and blows cold – however there is only one speed setting.

The best thing about this car is that it is unmolested and it's originality. It has the original spare tire and the complete toolkit, and even rides on the Hydro-Pneumatic suspension that works well! It has been cared for by2 long term owners and me. Cosmetically it presents itself very well. The car has never been repainted. You can peer underneath and in the wheel wells and see the original undercoating and blue color as it left the factory floor. The original paint is in good shape and the original chrome and the wheels it left the factory with gives the car a great patina. There is a couple of cracks on the interior vinyl, there is a scratch along the driver side and the headliner has started to show it's age; but again, this is a driver’s car and none of this detracts from the impact it has to everyone that sees her on the street. I have been stopped and complimented many times. The only non-original item on the car is the radio and antenna but these are easily remedied by locating one of the correct vintage.

I think these cars will continue to appreciate and this is a great, rust-free, accident-free example in a desirable color. She is a fine example to restore back to show quality if that is your desire. Or just drive and enjoy this increasingly harder to find 1973 vintage which was the last year for this body style and the first year with these factory alloys.

See for yourself by viewing the pictures and bid with confidence. I'm trimming down my car collection, my loss your gain.

I’ve sold a couple of cars on Ebay and I have 100% feedback. Below is a video of a short drive.