For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1959 Benz 220SE Dr's Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 06:22 AM
Default 1959 Benz 220SE Dr's Coupe

Hi Fellow Benz buffs,

Not sure if this is the place to enquire but I will pose my question and then if the administrator/moderator believes I am in the wrong area or should not pose this question here then by all means move/delete - no objections this end.

I have a friend who has a Mercedes Benz 220SE Coupe - 1959 which has been sitting in his storage facilities for many years. He is a bit of a horder for Benz's with several hundred Benz's of various ages and conditions from fully restored to ones for spares and parts.

After some considerable harrassing by me over a couple of months he agreed that he would be prepared to let go of the 1959 Coupe and got her out of storage for my associate and I to give her a clean up and prepare her for sale.

Here is a quick snapshot of her after a bit of a cleanup:

For those that want a closer look at her and several other pictures then feel free to have a look at a little slideshow that I have created of her:

http://www.gjsmith.net/benz-australi...enz_220SE.html Slideshow 3mb

Now my question is - what would this car be worth? - I have absolutely no idea and do not want to underprice or overprice the vehicle when we start to market this girl.

I am hoping that a strong membership forum such as this one will be able to give me some guidance on pricing this girl.

Thank you all for your time and consideration of this issue and I look forward to some feedback from you all.

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:13 PM
Default RE: 1959 Benz 220SE Dr's Coupe

Try The Gold Book. They price older cars. Here's the link: http://www.manheimgold.com/

Looks nice.

Good luck