Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Ride of the Month (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/ride-month-35/)
-   -   december nominations!! (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/ride-month-35/december-nominations-7740/)

Lugnut 12-08-2005 09:03 PM

RE: december nominations!!

I'll second the nomination as a good example of an unmolested C-280 in particular and a M-B in general.

Does it have the original air in the tires?

fly_major_fly 12-08-2005 11:27 PM

I like the word "unmolested". Hehe....it almost sounds illegal.

The air in the tires came from Stuttgart, Germany. I changed the rims once. Then the tires. So part of the Stuttgart air is still in my tires? It's like the Napolean's sword I guess.

One time a guy was auctioning off Napolean's sword. When asked about the authenticity, he said that he changed the handle once, and the previous owner changed the blade; other than that it was original.

Lugnut 12-09-2005 12:23 AM

I learned to use the term from the classic car guys I know. They prefer "unmolested" cars because there's an added value when they're classics.

Patrick 12-12-2005 05:53 PM

i went ahead and added you as the december rotm, major.

so, who is interested in january?

waybomb 12-21-2005 11:03 PM

Delete this mod.

mbdougl 12-30-2005 12:49 AM

Does a turkey beat a horse?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5427/97270B3402DC4507A054E4A7E6AD4F11.jpg[/IMG]

Lugnut 12-30-2005 07:56 AM

You would need as least two turkeys. More would be better. Just one turkey is nothing compared to a horse.

E_Class 12-31-2005 10:06 AM

i like that black Merc, very nice car indeed. My dad has a gold 86 230E, very beautiful car aswell.

ongbk619 01-16-2006 06:06 PM

Nice car man. And I agree with you on the whole status thing. I wished it wasn't like that. I just bought a '06 C230 Sport. I got the basic model. I mean its basic. I chose it because of the way it looks, its sportiness, the options that came with it(stock), and it was more bang for the buck than the other cars i looked at. But its a double edged sword. I'm fairly young, (a fresh college graduate) so when people see me driving around the car i get too much attention. People ask me about my pay, why did i buy such a car, am i trying to show off, am i a spoiled brat, blah blah blah.

ANd its annoying because i bought the car on the pure reason of because I liked it and i found value in it. Its a great car and its fun to drive. (boy is it fun, short shifter, sport peddles, sport tuned suspension, 220 watts of power in the stereo with speed sensitive volume, perforated disk brakes, beautiful pur, 17 inch rims, 200+ hp, and i could go on and on) And I hear its very rare to see a manual benz now a days too.

Sorry for griping but I need someone to relate to.

-b

RockSolid 01-16-2006 09:36 PM

And I agree with you on the whole status thing. I wished it wasn't like that.
I agree. In a way, its the same as if you're dating a really hot chick. People assume you're dating her for her looks alone when it might really be 'cause she's a cool person.

In fact I'm much more of a practical person and I appreciate my Benz for all the "car things" it does so well.