Other Post discussion on all other models not listed above here.

190E Heater Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Default 190E Heater Problems

Well it's winter and that means heater issues. I'm not getting heat in my center vents, only outside vents. It's been like this since I got the car 4 years ago. It is supposed to come out of all four vents right? More importantly, the bigger problem is that I get heat on the windshield all the time, whether the system is on or off. This is especially frustrating in the summer because I can't just close the vent. And the heat is fighting with my already shakey A/C. It gets worse at high speeds like the air is being forced into the system. I replaced the blower motor about a year ago. Any ideas? One more question while I have you here. I get a nice squeak when I'm rolling in reverse. It sounds like the brakes are squeaking though I'm not touching them. Any ideas there? Thanks in advance.
-Daniel

Old 10-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 190E Heater Problems

only cool air on the center vents but no warm air. this will prevent you from getting sleepy because of the warm air flow on your eyes.

the vacuum element for defroster flap could be leaking or stucked. find the vacuum line to that element and activate using vacuum pump. confirm if it is leaking or whatever.

open the rear brakes and do visual check. it can be some meatal to metal contact. it depends on the squeak...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 PM

Thanks Sleepwalker,
Where might I find the vacuum lines in question? I've never really worked on the climate control system other than recharging the A/C etc. If the flap is in fact leaking or stuck like you say, then what? Thanks for the help,
-Daniel

Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 PM

I know this is an old thread but still...

I have a similar problem, I get no heat at all no matter what I do. If i change the mode on the fan rate switch nothing happens. I can feel a soft air flow of warmth but that's it!?

It started when thefanonly increased RPM up to level II, when I wanted max from the fan it remained on the same level as before.

I don't know if any of this makes any sence but I would very much appreciate any answer at all. I live in Sweden, the winters here are cold and i havn't got a working heatingsystem in my car.