Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

World Cup.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default World Cup.

I'm surprised it was never mentioned at all here. I know the USA lost 3-0 to Chz republic but they need your prayers for thier game against Italy.

Anyone keeping up with the World Cup?

I'm not really a sports fan but as you can see, I haven't been making as many post lately due to the World cup being right in my backyard. (Oh the parties are awesome. People from all over the world together partying without mass dumb stuff happening.)

I think it will be Brazil vs Germany in the end.
I hope Germnay wins it all.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Default RE: World Cup.

I'm a typical American sports fan. I don't find soccer that interesting. It's much more interesting to watch sports where humans use their best extremity-their hands- for directing the flight of a ball towards a goal, person, hole, court etc, than to watch humans employ the less accurate tools of head and foot.
My German boss did comment that the Germans are bent out of shape that Budwiser received a beer concession contract at a German stadium. Most Germans think Budwiser tasts like soda pop. I think thats giving it too much credit.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

well he put it nicely. It taste like straight **** water. not that I know exactly what that tastes like but I could imagine budweiser not being far off. I don't think bud weiser sold too well anyways here. And it shouldn't even be in the same category as German beer.

Yeah most Americans could give a hoot about soccor or football or futbol etc. I'm just the opposite, i find that watching sports to be highly repetitive and watching a bunch of over paid whining super rich athletes play half heartedly is just annoying. But that's sports in general. Take the ball over here, the other team take the ball over there repeat process. "Wait, the mvp says 30 million is not enough and he refuse to play until he get a raise How is he going to feed his kids?" Boring.

But the parties at these games are great. Better than any Superbowl party that I've seen heard of of been to.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:07 PM

I can watch any sporting event-well, not curling or poker-and enjoy the competition. I agree with most of your points, ie spoiled super stars and repetition. In fact, when I watch most NBA games, I'm satisfied to watch the last 6 mins! That's when its do or die in a close game. I may watch somewhat more of the finals, but usually not the whole game.
You've inspired me to spend some time checking out the Word Cup.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:33 PM

i pray to god that brazil doesnt win it i hope america wins but i doubt that
brazil played australia 2 day of course damn brazil won it 2-0

Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Well people thought USA was gonna get smashed by Italy. But the tied. Either way the future looks grim for the USA. Something terrible have to happen to one of the good top team prospect. I might be late because been too busy to even ask who won (and busy waiting for the final four.)

I think it wil be Brazil vs Germany World Cup.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

i only watch it hoping to see a streaker.

i wonder where's mark roberts now?

Old 06-20-2006, 02:30 AM

that would be sum funny ****

Old 07-09-2006, 07:26 PM

YAY!!!!!!! ITALY WON

Old 07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well congrats to Italy. They fought hard for it and it showed and thus the new Champions are crowned.