Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Default Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?

Are you going to do anything different now that gas is $3.00+/gal. and headed higher? Perhaps you're thinking about:
1.)Trading your MB for a Toyota Prius.
2.) Riding your bike more.
3.) Taking the bus to work.
4.) Buying a motorcycle or a scooter.
5.) Requesting a gas allowance from you're place of employment.

I'm considering a motorcycle or riding my bicycle to work. (Yea, I have the luxury of living only 6mi. from work.)

Old 04-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?

I will have to do something i paid $3.05 for 93 oct. yesterday at the cheapest place i know of in my area. Still cost 60 bux to fill it Everywhere else $3.19. I guess i will have to start driving the Rodeo more it gets better fuel mileage than the 560 and gas is "only" 2.89 for 87 oct. Wishin i had tags on the 300sdl .

Old 04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

I hate it for the average American. Yeah, I'm leaving my big displacement cars at home. I was at the convenience store buying chocolate milk, and this construction worker guy yelled out of his car, " get a F'n job like the rest of us you son of a B'"! I was embarrased to be in a 5.5 litre in this hard time. I should of had more consideration for everybody else.

So yeah, I'm going to be more thoughtful of those who are having a hard time with the fuel costs.

Charles

Old 04-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Seriously, for the first time in my life, instead of being proud of my car, I was embarrassed. I was pumping premium into a 55 with 1k in new Pirelli racing tyres next to a guy who was obviously having a hard time paying for gas. I felt like sht. I wish I could do something to help this country, but I feel like I'm the only one who cares. I have in the past "accidentally" dropped a twenty on the ground, when I'm around people who I think really need it, so they can find it, and they don't have to thank me for it, or feel they owe me anything. I want to help everybody, but I don't know how to handle it.

Charles.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey i look at it this way as long as u earned ur money legally u dont owe anybody anything though it is nice to help. U did what it took to be able to drive that 5.5 litre What do u have that has a 5.5 litre anyway? and that construction worker was the guy that f'd off in school and never made anything out of himself and i would be willing to bet the guy wastes his money on ciggs or booze or other vices that are not needed while u may not need ur 5.5 litre u have "earned it " just as in his mind he earned those ciggs or alcohol. I am 20 years old and have little remorse for those who did not take advantage of schooling and such. Like i said i paid $60 bux for gas and i got friends that can barely aford there gas though it hits my pocket i cant feel bad for those that didnt try to better themselves and then have the nerve to yell at those who have made it. I also can't feel bad for my friends that are going to college full time while working full time but then i see them wasting money buying alcohol to get drunk on the weekends yet they have student loans its called priorities. That does not mean that i will stop driving my 560 all together just will drive it less and drive the rodeo more. Oh and i see nothing wrong with ciggs or alcohol alone but if ur spending money on them instead of food or gas to get to work then once again get ur priorities straight. And be proud of ur car u earned it. And IMO only help those that are willing to help themsleves.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

MDZ300sdl,

Actually, I still have every MB I ever bought, I get attached and never trade them. They have too many miles to be collectors cars, but they mean something to me.

Charles

Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

I want still have the two that have ever had also. But i dont wanna steal this thread even though i know i almost did earlier. I gguess we should get back to the gas prices.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:37 PM

"get a F'n job like the rest of us you son of a B'"!
Why would someone say such a thing to you? It's not because you were driving a "55." Were you holding up a sign that read, I don't work but you do--HAHA--you poor SOB?

You were trying to make us laugh, but you're laughing because mbz300sdl fell for it, right?

... and tell me where you drop the $20s because I want to grab some up.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:09 PM

Lugnut, you're too much! I was laughing my head off while reading your post. I had similar thoughts about Blue Sliver's post. Why would someone say that? They might, out of envy, think it, but……And how did they know you didn’t work?
Also, the response, in my mind, to Blue Silver dropping those twenties..., “so that was you, thanks.â€
I do think that Blue Silver brings up a somewhat valid point. If the price of gas is high partly because of consumption, then those who are trying to lower the price by trimming consuming will be pissed.
Does anyone think it’s true that if we lowered our consumption as a nation the price of gas would go down?
BTW, I think I’m going to add money to my personal gas fund by getting out of a storage facility (which is about ¼ full) at $90/month. That will pay for the high price of gas and more.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

No I wasn't holding up any sign! But I might have looked like I had the day off, which I did, and he certainly looked like he had been working his butt off. And he was angry. I don't have anything to say to angry people because its a waste of time; I let them cool off. But it's not like my car was a 1929ssk or a 600sl, so I don't know why he said anything to me at all, and I'm pretty sure I make average income for my area.

Lugnut, you live in this same area. You know that some folks are having a really hard time with the rising costs. I can tell people are pissed off just by the way they drive lately. There are some folks having a really hard time, and I don't think its even their fault. I'm blaming the CEO, BUSH. He has to manage his oil war, but on a balanced scorecard, he's letting everything else go to hell. No need to list them, you already know.

My point is I'm a MB owner, but it is becoming uncomfortable for me to drive these cars around when others are going broke or having to rebuild their homes because the tornado etc. Take your 600 to the station and fill that bastrd up with premium, and seeif you get any political fallout. Dude, seriously.

Charles

Quick Reply: Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?