Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Where Are Those Days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Default Where Are Those Days?

There was a time when people like sleepwalker and I would sleep under the the stars (in separate countries, of course). He under a palm tree on the beach, me under a pine tree in the mountains.

What has civilization come to that we need something like this?

A safe place to sleep.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Where Are Those Days?

that reminds me of seeing a very bright blue, red, yellow and green thing coming down from the sky about half kilometers away from where i was fishing. it was so huge... maybe about 2 feet in diameter that it makes the dark night like daytime for 3 seconds.
i tried to tell my friends about it, and they thought i was crazy and having hallucinations. it was early 70's. i found out two fishermen saw it too... and we agreed it was a big falling star.
we know the orb because it was very common after the slight rain, and it was nothing like it.
i have learned how to locate the stars because paddling out to sea for two hours at night will make me lose sight of the mainland. compass was not available, but i carry enough stones to hit the sharks or dolphins which sometimes feed under my boat to feed from what is attracted on my burning kerosene lamp. i also use it to hit those big fishing boat which will run us over as if we were a piece of log.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:21 AM

Hey! Are you not the guy who got hit in the head with a cocunut just after you lost your virginity to your first girlfriend? That is a better story than the meteor one.

What if you and your wife got in there and then the lock broke and you could not get out? I guess you would die safely in your coffin, nee bed?

Old 08-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

i have fear in closed places, and that bed can only shorten my days instead of saving it. i often explore caves, and i just feel the oxygen is not enough.

if the lock got broken and i was locked inside with maria sharapova, then the coroner might wonder why i passed out with a sweet smile. i will include beer with the supplies as well.