Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

What's up with the forums?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Default What's up with the forums?

Is anyone else having a problem with the forums not updating new posts? And when you log in, and respond to something, it doesn't show unless you hit refresh? Maybe it's just my computer...

Old 09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Default RE: What's up with the forums?

One time after hitting "Today's Posts" I've got topic, where last reply was 3 weeks ago.
No, you are not alone.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 AM

It's been flaky for me, too. Different ways, though. I usually get the can't-find-the-page message and then I can't get back for several minutes. Sometimes I have to try two or three times for a reply to post, but I don't have to refresh to see it.

I think sleepwalker may be sleeping... and walking. Or, maybe he's trying The Glenlivet and enjoying it? He's suppose to keep the forum running by winding it up constantly.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

got no problem with mine here.

i always hit "today's Posts".

everything else are working perfectly.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 AM

Haha, at least I am not alone on this one! sleepwalker, maybe The Glenlivet is starting to make you drunk...so you think everything is working properly...

Old 09-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

yep

and starting tomorrow i will be on my 1 month vaction to re-charge my energy.

although i can still go online anytime (am using dial-up back home since i cannot afford the cable installation), i won't be online often.

most of time will be spend fixing my neighbor's electronic appliances for free, sleeping, and eating.

i can at last watch CNN, HBO, and other cable tv programs. they don't allow them here in residential buildings in china to conceal the truth that the outside world have to say. in the poorest countryside in philippines, you can get at least 40 channels! in here, no english channel except the CCTV 9 on which they use to attack US policy all the time. it is meant to give mis-information instead of informations. so much for the communist mind. war is being shown on the tv here for months now. this is in preparation to let the local people understand that the outside world hates them and that they have to heed on their leader's decission when the time comes. a simple and good way of slow but effective BRAINWASHING.

living here as a foreigner is not easy as the local were jealous and not comfortable with it. just take a look at THIS forum. i may be kind here but i'm giving them a good BS there.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Have there been any forum updates or modifications lately? Maybe it's a cookie problem. I'm going to delete the MB forum ones later today to see what happens.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:59 AM

I deleted all the cookies and things seem to be better. Too soon to tell if everything is back to normal.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:09 PM

Set your computer to accept cookies from all sites, the problems stopped for me.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

yep

and starting tomorrow i will be on my 1 month vaction to re-charge my energy.
If there's some more freaky murders in the Philippines next week, we're all going to get very suspicious.

Quick Reply: What's up with the forums?