Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Sure is quiet

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sure is quiet

I think it's quiet because there are two other forums we compete with, ours being the newest. There's the 'official' Mercedes Club forum and BenzWorld. Plus like Zane said there's been quite a few setbacks like health, time, death, etc.

Nobody shares their lives?
I'm 20 and my life is masschaos right now. I'm a full time student about to get a Business Admin. degree this summer. The college is an hour away from my house, which takes away 10 hours weekly out of my schedule. Here's how my day goes. I wake up at 7:30, get to school at 8:30, do whatever homework I didn't get to get done within an hour before classes, leave at 12:30, arrive at home at 1:30, do homework until 3:30,be at work at 4, work until 10:30, get home at ~11. Weekends and Friday I work a full 8 hours, 1:30-10:30.Work wise I work 35-37 hours per week as a retail customer service associate. After that I plan to get my masters in Financing and possibly double major with International Business going to UMD. Next year, hopefully, I will move up and become an asset protection coordinator for the company. Been with them for almost 2 years and have about a year of supervisory experience. It would work great with a financial background and internal control.

Neither one of those things (work or school) stresses me out. It's the my car's reliability factor that is a pain. I drive an 84' 190D with 111k miles on it. For some reason it wants to die so it seems. Besides the new engine we put in after the other like imploded, there's a new fuel leak that causes the engine to not start, very light engine ping (but may not be the engine, idk), the flex joint that causes bad shifting, bald tires which is greatin the recent snow, exhaust rattle, dead engine temp gauge, high cost of diesel and general paranoia that something is going to happen. Yeah I would fix it, but at a 14k salary after taxes per year plus school costs it's really chaos. I once, back in July, had 4k saved up from working 50+ hours a week for 4 weeks and planned to save a bit more for a solid down payment on a newer car. Nope, that didn't happen. Engine died and I got slapped with a $4,500 fee. I don't mean to come off as a negative person, it's just difficult sometimes. Hopefully the degrees will be financially rewarding and I'll be able to help my future kids to avoid nonsense.