Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Sure is quiet

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Default Sure is quiet

This is the quietest forum I'ma member of. I'm trying to figure out why. I'm college educated, my husband is..... an engineer and an architect.....so that can't be it. Is it always like this? Nobody shares their lives?

I mean, I just sold a rat rod with my kids during the Daytona Auto Show for $25K. Our hobby has taken a turn to the cool. I quit my job and am doing it full time which is great since I'm home for my 2 youngest. My eldest is in her final time at Medical School.....etc.

I'm kinda surprised......

Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sure is quiet

Yeah, it is pretty slow comparatively. Sometimes it is days before people respond. I think one reason the repair answers are slow is because people here generally only answer when they are very certain. Also, alot people here are strictly business too; they're trying to get their car running so they can go have fun driving it.
I like to check in about every day for one reason or another. I noticed you have a CBR; I'm not allowed to have one. Looks like you like American muscle too. The thing I like about American muscle is when it's just engine, manual tranny and running gear.
Blue

Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM

My husband and I are into customs and chassis. We're making some pretty quick cars and doing alot of experimentation with paint. I bought a pick up for $25.00 and will have about $150.00 worth of paint into it. I'll have to post some pictures of it when I'm done.

I just sold one of the rat rods. Woo hoo... profited $30K on the deal. Some people pay ridiculously high prices to avoid working their own stuff.

Name:  IMG_0493.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  99.7 KB

Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM

I hang out on three forums and your right, this is the slowest one i've been on. I think most people like myself put the benz up for the winter and are focused on xmass season.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah!! I actually use the season to put the MB's on stands and do restoration.

Valkerie, I recognize the grandstand in the background. I used toset-up andtest WSC cars there, among other places.

Blue

Old 12-02-2007, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BlueSilver

Yeah!! I actually use the season to put the MB's on stands and do restoration.

Valkerie, I recognize the grandstand in the background. I used toset-up andtest WSC cars there, among other places.

Blue
Daytona Beach Turkey Run. A friend of ours tried to sell his 73 Roadrunner to no luck.

I didn't score any working bodies. Everyone wants way too much money for it. Barrett Jackson prices for junk. They don't see the hundreds of hours we put into adding lead to the body, refabbing rusted through pieces, prepping and paint. Obtaining the interior pieces that are out of date, finding the right frame to replace the one that broke in half the second you started loading it up onto the trailer.

Ahhhh well. At least I know I'm not a pocketbook hot rodder. I make my own stuff from the ground up. We're finishing a quickie S-10 this week. Next week we're starting a 8 second street Camaro that we're hybriding between years. Same paint scheme as the S-10. Mark wants them matching.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 PM

I live about 5 miles south of the Daytona Speedway. Never went this year. Drove to Little Rock for Thanksgiving.

I agree, it is very quit on this forum.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM

You didn't miss much. All the used parts were too expensive too. There were mostly vendors there. You spend 8 hours crossing the rows looking for stuff. Found a Challenger that needs a new floor pan, trunk pan, rear quarters, rear window frame, front quarters and they wanted $7K for it.

I wouldn't pay $500 for it. I overheard the guy claim that Barret Jackson sold one for $70K. I'd have close to 5K in just the body work, not including labor, paint and interior pieces, motor, tranny and rear end.

By the way, my husband is annoying me currently. If I run him over with my ML-320, does it void the warranty on the drivetrain?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

The reponse to the slowness of this forum it wasnt always like this it used to be a pretty good and attended forum. But most of our top posters have either had personal setbacks, died (RIP - Lugnut 5/7/06) i personally have sold both of my Benzes but even b4 i sold them i had stopped coming around as much cause i have had less free time to work on my cars and the people that i had talked too alot had already left so i gradually show up less and less though i do try to stop buy at least once a day to see whats happening and help out when/were i can. I you all want to start making an effort to start the off-topic banter start up again i am more than willing to be apart of it cause of all the forums i am a member of i am still the proudest to say i am a member of this one and always will be!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Cool. I love many of these boards, because you "meet" people you normally would not meet. And from other parts of the world which is really cool. I'm originally from Scotland, and my husband is American.

Quick Reply: Sure is quiet