Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Default RE: Starbucks

Original: Kajtek1

What strikes me in the topic is, that at the time of great disasters, big wars, collapsing economy, historically low interest rates, some people have time to worry about word game.
Since you're talking about something other than what you ranted about, that makes you a hypocrite. Not surprising.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:20 AM

I'm picturing bell bottoms and tie-dye. Must be the love-fest....[sm=love.gif]

Old 09-06-2005, 02:33 AM

Well, I'll picture you in bell bottoms if that's what you want. Kajtek1 can probably provide a Polish love-fest, whatever that is.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Yuban makes fine coffee and I save enough every year to make a two or three payments on the Benz. I purchased a nice Bosch Espresso machine and rarely use it. Coffee costs me about 15 cents a cup to make. No wonder Bucky's on every corner.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:08 PM

Even with my unlimited riches I can't afford two or three Starbucks' drinks per day. I drop five bucks there sparingly.

I buy Jamaican Blue Mountain whole beans (non-blend) for regular coffee, though, and grind them myself. They've recovered nicely from the hurricane that wiped out the crop a couple of decades ago.

I have a Francis Francis espresso machine. I used to use it alot, but not much any more. I use a French press, a milk frother, and the microwave now if I want a homemade latte. It's a lot easier and quicker and tastes almost as good.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

I believe it's you that had the lardwagon in his signature. You're the one who's been warned about your abusive tongue and almost banned from the forum.

Now, I can see it. You can't be the same guy I have seen on the other forum. He was highly-intelligent architect, although like to overdose from time to time as well.
Sorry, my mistake.
Coming back to the main topic.
I see, that the main note here is disappointment with School System in USA. People can't read foreign names and can't find solution to make it easier. I could have only one dilemma here:
1. Is Lugnut so intelligent, that he sneaked educational problems under Starbuck title
2. Is he so dumb, that he didn't even realized, that the presented problem is educational?

With the conclusion above, my dilemma doesn't exist anymore.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 PM

This is your third off-topic post in a thread about Starbucks. If you just want to flame Lugnut, have at it, but please start a separate 'Lugnut Flame' thread. I suspect he'll enjoy the attention.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:21 PM

Hey, The way I can read it, we are in "Off topic" section?
Maybe I missed something here? Lugnut topic states lot of problem with the language, but he loves Starbuck coffee.
So there is nothing about problems with coffee in the main topic.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:50 PM

Now, I can see it. You can't be the same guy I have seen on the other forum. He was highly-intelligent architect, although like to overdose from time to time as well.
Sorry, my mistake.
You sure do make a lot of mistakes. Over and over again.

I see, that the main note here is disappointment with School System in USA. People can't read foreign names and can't find solution to make it easier. I could have only one dilemma here:
Another mistake, Polack. The point is these foreign words sound sissy, not that anyone can't pronounce them. I don't expect you to understand English, though. It's obviously too difficult for your little head.

1. Is Lugnut so intelligent, that he sneaked educational problems under Starbuck title
2. Is he so dumb, that he didn't even realized, that the presented problem is educational?

With the conclusion above, my dilemma doesn't exist anymore.
Maybe this makes sense to you and your ilk. You might be trying too hard. This is a good example of Polack pigeon English.

What strikes me in the topic is, that at the time of great disasters, big wars, collapsing economy, historically low interest rates, some people have time to worry about word game.
Still the hypocrite. Why aren't you somewhere else talking about great disasters, big wars, the collapsing economy, or low interest rates? Why are you worrying about word games, stupid?