Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Default Speeding Tickets

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have to ask if anyone knows the website where the point system for tickets received in Maryland is posted?

Also, does anyone suggest getting a lawyer, or representing yourself in court? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Default RE: Speeding Tickets

This is a pdf file from the Maryland State site. It outlines the points penalties for speeding.

Maryland Driving Laws and Penalties

Old 04-21-2004, 11:19 AM

Thanks very much!

Now I have to figure out if I should get a lawyer or just throw myself at the mercy of the court.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

how fast were you driving anyway?
why was it that serious as going to the court?

in jubail to dahran highway there is a signpost that you must drive at least more than 120km/h or else you will get a slow driving ticket! i got it twice because my car was a toyota pick-up hilux. i have tried flooring it, but the poor thing just growl down.

in iraq highway you must overspeed too. faster than bullets if possible.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 PM

I would at least talk to a lawyer before going to court. When you want the judge to favor your position you don't want him yelling at you for wasting his time.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:49 PM

don´t even tell me about speed tickets...

yesterday I was going to the dentist, and the radars were changed on Sunday. My friends told me to take care, but I forgot. So I was at about 120km/h in a 80km/h track and when I saw the radar´s sensors it was too late for me to slow down...

I can only hope that the radar wasn´t working yet, because they just placed it there...

Old 04-21-2004, 06:25 PM

Are you talking about an automatic radar that takes your picture and mails (posts) a fine to you? If so, I hope you smiled.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

how fast were you driving anyway?
why was it that serious as going to the court?

in jubail to dahran highway there is a signpost that you must drive at least more than 120km/h or else you will get a slow driving ticket! i got it twice because my car was a toyota pick-up hilux. i have tried flooring it, but the poor thing just growl down.

in iraq highway you must overspeed too. faster than bullets if possible.

In the US, we have the option to go to court and fight for the ticket, because that is what the ticket means. Signing the ticket only means the person will appear in court, if required.
For some offense, such as reckless driving, DUI (driving under influenece), etc... court appearance is mandatory.
But as for speeding (usually 20mph below), stop sign, red light, these are optional. The person can either pay the fine (bail) or setup a trial date and have the judge decide. The good thing is, if the cop doesn't show up on trial, the ticket is dismissed.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

that was a good law Mio. it will really prevent serious accident... as what the purpose is i pressume.

300 people die in chin@ every month due to traffic accident alone.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 PM

yes I was talking about an automatic radar.

it was weight sensors on the floor that determinate your speed and then if you are over the speed limit it takes your picture.

I hope it didn´t take my picture. And I sure wasn´t smiling!!

Quick Reply: Speeding Tickets