Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Recycling motor oil news

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006 | 01:56 PM
|
Super Moderator
Default Recycling motor oil news

Like many of you, I change my own motor oil and take the used oil to the recycle center.

Today, I was informed by the store service manager that it is a FELONY to put used motor oil into any container other than a container specifically designed, designated, and labeled "oil". And that oil or gasoline poured into a discarded jug is considered a "B0MB", by law enforcement.

Now, I imagine in most cases if they find a milk jug of oil, some dirty rags, and an oil filter wrapped-up in news paper, it is pretty obvious that you have changed your oil, but in some places/states in the US, it might be just what is needed to drag you through the ringer, and strip you of your wealth and freedom. So do the right thing, use the proper container; Check your local laws. We all love the environment, but it would be terrible to lose educational credentials, social rights, or serve hard time in a cell among rapists and killers, for using the wrong container. And that IS exactly what a FELONY entails in the US.

Heads-up

B