Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Oil prices rise over 10% in a week

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default Oil prices rise over 10% in a week

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street sank Monday as oil's surge above $108 a barrel and more worrisome signs for the financial sector led investors to extend last week's losses. The Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 150 points, bringing its three-day loss to nearly 515, while broader indexes showed steeper percentage losses.

Our foreign friends know we won't be filling their pockets too much longer with different fuel options becoming available (ie: variances of ethanol such as algea/corn/sugar cane).

Therefore in order to protect their marketOPECdestroys ours entirely, limiting investments into development causingexpansion to cease. You and I both know that a 10% mark up in about a week from $100 a barrel is the biggest bunch of bull ever conspired. Market demand, weather slowing the importation of fuel and terrorism don't influence such a fluctuation.

I hope who ever becomes president, or anyone for that matter with power, puts an end to this. Opinions?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Default RE: Oil prices rise over 10% in a week

Yes AMG you are very right! I belive when I was checking my stocks today I saw oil at $105.00 barrel.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hi AMG,

I was hoping that some Hydrogen cars would go into full production and help offset the price, but you simply do not see them in the dealerships yet. Maybe later someone will invent conversion kits for all our older cars too. I was also hoping that the US, being the largest consumer of fuel, would take the lead in hydrogen development,become the "middle East of Hydrogen", and create a new national product and some new jobs. If we could keep peanut oil in the engine case,that would be a pretty clean runningdomestic fuel vehicle. But that will never happen with an oil-man in office I suppose.

The other day premium was 3.76/gal here, and climbing. The words, "I'll put an even $75.00 in the tank" came out of my mouth, and I was thinking $20 filled it up a couple of years ago. I know some of the price increase in fuel and other things are related to the currency value taking a dive. As the money is worth less, it takes more to purchase international products like oil. A report said that the currency fell approx 12% in the last year, and I am searching to see how long it has been since it has fallen that fast...perhaps not since the US civil war currency?

Now while some companies are clearly benefitting from low wages for skilled, college, and graduate employees, non-enforceable medical insurance programs, aspirin-cures-all healthcare system, runaway immigration, diving currency, falling stocks, failing banks, corporate corruption,wrecked forriegn relations, war scandal, mortgage meltdown, and soaring consumer prices, I think they must be overlooking the mass of the citizens in the country.

Blue

Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

I just broke a record. I took my CLK and 3 gas cans to the fuel station, and spent $175,00. US on gas, in one visit. This is what happens when you become enemies with the entire world I suppose.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM

ha ha ha wow that is a lot of gas. Ya the world hates us as we know it. How much is it just to fill up your CLK? Is it a 430 or 320?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 PM

definatly considering going electric once their prices go down, im really not liking this whole oil prices idea anymore

Old 03-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Going75% diesel 25%SVO this weekend.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM

On the hydrogen cars I make hydrogen for a living and burning it in your engine will never pay off.I costs to much to make! Running a car on natural gas is more cost effective than hydrogen.Fuel cells look promising for electric or parcial electric cars. The batteries to replace cost more than you saved so a fuel cell shows promise. It would be nice to get good quality diesel fuel back though. 87 300D

Old 04-16-2008, 05:13 PM

As of today 4-16-08 oil is now at $115.00 per barrel[:@]

Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I would like to see someone sue, prefferably our government, against oil giants in US courts. Cutting the taxes on gas isn't going to help. That temporarily relieves people, but offers more room to profit from the oil giants. I also like how they won't let people use alternate energy such as diesel... diesel was cheaper than gas, but now it's nearly a dollar more per gallon. It would destroy their market if people chose another source...the only escape

Quick Reply: Oil prices rise over 10% in a week