Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mercedes better than Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mercedes better than Corvette?

fish and chips...yucky.

this means that i can afford to buy a pound of uss ronald reagan (rip) than a bicycle? i'll take the anchor first.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:03 AM

Cow. You need to eat cow. Fish & chips are Friday food.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

so where is the moosehead in that picture lugnut?
do you use also power inverter for that camper? how many watts? i want to buy one, but all they got is a modified sine wave. i see you got two generators, was it airconditioned?

Old 07-01-2004, 11:02 AM

Congrats. I just wanted to see who would ask instead of straining their eyes looking for a real moose head or deciding a pile of trash was a moose. The moose head is on top of the camper's radio antenna. It looks like a blob in the pic, maybe a fox head if you blow it up. It's like one those smiley face ***** or, if you were a little older, an orange Union 76 ball ... which, BTW, started the antenna ball craze. It's not a ball but an injection-molded sculpted moose head, BTW.

The camper is Lance's 8'6" Lite model, one of their lighter, less-extravagant ones. They make some gorgeous campers, all self-contained, some with leather couchs and slideouts and stuff. Mine has a toilet and indoor shower, outdoor shower, a rooftop refridgerated air conditioner, 3-way fridge with freezer (gas/120v/12v), microwave oven, gas heater with thermostat, double kitchen sink and bathroom sink with electric water pump, 3-burner stove with an oven, fresh, gray, and black water tanks, and awnings on the passenger side and back. It doesn't have too much storage room, though.

I don't use a power inverter in the camper. I'll use one inside the truck while I'm driving, if I need one. Although the camper has just about everything you'd want in a camper (maybe more), one thing it doesn't have is a built-in generator. It's not an option in this model or I would have gotten one.

The dealer where I bought it said to get a Honda portable 3,000 watt. I looked at one and decided I couldn't lift it easy enough by myself and it wouldn't fit into the camper door. Not always, but sometimes I want to be able to put it inside the camper for transport. So I bought two 2,000 watt generators that I can easily carry around (separately) and set up and put away by myself. These can be run in parallel with an optional set of cables to generate 4,000 watts. With both running, I can use the AC, microwave and several other things including plug-ins all at the same time. I've found that I really only need one if I don't run both the AC and microwave at the same time.

The generators are the Honda EU 2000i model. I believe they produce power by using a combination gas generator and power inverter. Let me know if you want me to check the specs for anything in particular. They have an "eco-throttle" setting so they idle down when demand is light and throttle up when you ask for extra power. They're very quite (for a generator) and can be run all night, stopping only for gas refilling and occasional drops of oil. These are good to have even if you car camp by tent or need power occasionally where there's no 120v outlet, no matter what you're doing. They're too heavy to carry on the trail unless you hire a porter or use an ATV or something, but easy to carry to a jobsite from your vehicle. They're not meant to be commercial, though.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

yes, those generators are the best that i have searched before too. they have built in inverter already and true sine wave too.
i'll get one of that.