Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Mercedes-Benz Club of America?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mercedes-Benz Club of America?

I've been studying both groups since I have a BMW and a Mercedes. It seems that the BMW clubs have more shows, meets, info, social events and other goodies. The MBZ club usually offer a good discount and another source for hard to finds parts, problems and other technical complicated repairs and tips. To tell you the truth only time I came across Mercedes owners that were snobs, they also owned and SUV, a Lexus or BMW, and or a two seat sports car. So are they actually Mercedes snobs or SUV snobs that own a Mercedes?

Old 01-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

To me the MBZ crowd is way more diverse. It's like the only car gathering that you can see everybody from some young 18 year old kid with a hand me down diesel MBZ, middle class people with an array of MBZs to some rich guy with a couple of CL65s, or and older guy with a perfect condition 300SL Gullwing next to the 1969 600SEL Pullman.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: BlackWolf

To me the MBZ crowd is way more diverse. It's like the only car gathering that you can see everybody from some young 18 year old kid with a hand me down diesel MBZ, middle class people with an array of MBZs to some rich guy with a couple of CL65s, or and older guy with a perfect condition 300SL Gullwing next to the 1969 600SEL Pullman.
I went out on a drive with a BMWCCA last year, and it was deffinitely an experience. Drive started in Austin, TX, so groups from all surrounding cities (as far as San Antonio, Houston and even Dallas) got together for it.

Now THAT was a diverse bunch of people. There were a couple of young people, but then there were a lot of middle age and even retired people. Of course everyone is checking out each other's rides nd commenting on them. People exchange phone numbers and emails... Then there is this old guy, with an oxigen tank, that he's pushing in front of him... He walk around and checks out the cars too. That was my first meet with a group, and I didn't know him, but everyone else knew him and talked to him like he was their beloved grandpa...

Then comes the time to mount up and roll out for a 3-4 hour group drive (it was a concourse of about 100 cars) ... And this grandpa slowly rolls his oxygen tank to a Black M3. Starts it up and it roars like a racing car. On the next stop I asked him about the car and he said that it's one of his 7 BMWs, and this particular one has 450hp at the wheels and has this and that, and that... Then he told me about every little mod he's ever done to that car.

So here's that for diversity of BMW drivers.

BTW, the pic I've attached was taken on the drive through Bluebonnet fields (hence the name of the drive: "Bluebonnet Drive"). Oh, and the car in the front is my old BMW.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9938/406EBAD36AB249BBBF2DA24E99C2209A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hm. Maybe I'll just join both clubs here in Germany. Shouldn't be too hard to find here.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
pbk

Thanks Wizard, I was trying to make up my mind about joining the mba so after reading your post I sent in my app. and got a reply to watch for my packett in the mail. I blonged to a motorcycle club for years and did alot of group riding. Now that I'm alot older and poorer, I sold my bike last april and bought a 86 300 sl. Last summer I had the thrill of my life driving it and this year I intend to do alot more driving. Paul