Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Kerry

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Kerry

After John Kerry's, now infamous verbal blunder, where he told some college students, "You know, education-if you make the most of it and you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.", some soldiers came back with a witty reply.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Kerry

soldiers are there to develop their skills and tactics. it is very usefull in future wargames.

kerry is wrong. learning is an endless thing.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

My gf send me that b4. Yeah kerry made a big mistake but there have been worse made.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Kerry should have stayed in war...maybe he would have been a smarter person.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Yep, Kerry has foot in mouth desease....He probably means well, but his affliction causes him to continually shoot himself in the foot. In fact he's always reminded me of Lurch, the butler on the Addam's Family. http://www.timvp.com/addams.html

I knew that when I voted for him in 2004.... Even had he got the dumb joke right.... which left TV says was meant to convey the message.... Study hard, learn as much as you can, or you'll end up being like George W. Bush and leading us into Iraq....
It was still a dumb joke....
However, even if you believe he wasn't making a joke, what he said has a certain truth. That is, if you go to college but don't apply yourself, you won't be hired... you'll end up having to join the military just to get a job.... and end up in Iraq....

BTW, I retired from the USAF after 24 yrs... I liked my job and was A-political when I flew with the 19th Air Commando's in Vietnam. ( With an additional duty in intelligence..Wow, that was an eye opener! ) I was in law school when I enlisted... Just damned tired of eating beans and rice everyday, and working every night to make ends meet and pay tuition.

So Kerry could have added, "You're the lucky ones. Unlike most of our young people dying in Iraq, you have parents who can afford to send you to college. Make the best of it."