Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Default Heated Seats

They should give a Nobel Prize to the person who invented heated seats.

It dipped into the 30s F here this morning. I put my fingers under my thighs to warm them after the seats are nice and toasty. Works better than gloves. I wish I had a heated steering wheel.

I wonder if the passenger seat will keep a pizza warm?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Heated Seats

I heard that suddenly it got really cold in Atlanta today. I was there last week and people were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I do not have heated seats in my car here, i did not get it as I never used it in my other car in Turkey. I will try to use it more when I go back during Christmas.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 AM

Lugnut...were you trying to keep that pizza warm for the drive up here to share it with me at my bar?

Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 AM

Yes I was, darlin'.

I hope you hate anchovies as much as I do. Put some Stohli on ice for me.

I'm on my way.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:26 AM

I don't know about pizza, but it's definately kept a philly cheesesteak sub warm for about 30min while I drove to an eating location (not the car).

Old 12-10-2005, 03:16 AM

You know, I've noticed that Philly Cheesesteak subs stay hot for a relatively long time. I drive about 20 miles to a Philly Cheesesteak restaurant and get them to go. When I get home, my Coke is empty but the subs are still hot.

A cheeseburger is cold by then and needs to be nuked. That's why when I take my dog with me, I buy a dozen Krystals and he and I eat them on our way home (I won't buy a cheesesteak for him.). I take a bite that's half the sandwich and he takes the other half. We finish the dozen way before we get home and before the burgers get cold.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:20 AM

For some reasons.....my lady passengers seem to appreciate the heated seats more than I do.

I myself would like to award the Noble prize to the next guy who is gonna put chilled seats in cars. In the summer, sometimes the car seats really cook my eggs and reduce the count of my soldiers.

I know about the car seats where air comes out. (I had to say it, otherwise some smartass is gonna lecture me about vented seats.) I need A/C seats.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:38 AM

Take the seat out and replace it with a Coleman ice chest during the summer. Take the lid off and keep it full of ice. I'm sure this will work.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM

Would Igloo brand work, or does it have to be Coleman? Last time I checked, Coleman makes the one that comes with screw holes that snuggly fit my Benz's seat rails. I almost bought it. But, I thought....hmmmmm, one of those ice cubes could go into some fissure of my body while I am driving. So I need a machine that makes shave-ice, also. Must have 12V plug-in. What brand do you suggest?

Old 12-10-2005, 05:49 PM

Igloo? 'Course it would work.

You have body "fissures?" Ewww.

That's interesting that you say "shave-ice" and not shaved-ice, which seems more natural. The shave-ice people are really weird about what you call that stuff.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats