Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Get one for charity!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Default Get one for charity!

Hey, I know this forum is for Mercedes, etc. but another forum I am on produced a calendar with some of the female members and are donating all of the proceeds to charity. I figured I would post it up here since it is for a good cause! It's Toyota Supras and girls! I'm November...the only chick that posed on an MKII. All the rest are MKIV's. But there's a reason behind it!

So, please, help out a good cause and buy a calendar!

http://calendars.lulu.com/content/188815

Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Default RE: Get one for charity!

No takers trying to help out people with cancer?

Old 02-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

One of my friends died last Friday of pancreas cancer. She learned she had it 28 days earlier. She was 43.

My father spent 13 years in a losing prostate cancer battle. He was 76.

Small contributions to cancer cure research MAY be beneficial. I hope so.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:35 PM

My dad had prostate cancer. He was cured of that.

My mom died of lung cancer.

My wife died of kidney cancer.

I have bladder cancer.

I already give what I can to cancer research and hospice care. Forgive me for not buying a calendar.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:38 PM

I tried to view the calender and only got one pic. Am I missing something? (It was a very nice pic though!!)

Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

There are cures for all cancers, and it's been proven elsewhere outside the US, but they won't be accepted. I've heard it's so that US agencies/government can collect all this "cause" money for themselves. How accurate that is, no one knows...

-Matt-

Old 02-03-2006, 02:41 PM

I do not believe that there is a cure for all cancers. Rather, there is a healthy way of living that would prevent all cancers. Because of our bad habits and lack of knowledge , we are just not living the right way.

A few examples:
[ul][*] don't smoke[*] consume less man-made chemicals[*] eat less meat[*] drink plenty-o-water[*] don't be extreme like don't tan your skin to extremes
[/ul]

See....very simple. But can we all just follow these simple things? No! I can't even reduce the amount of fried chicken and steak that I am having.

If you are gonna be a lump of cancer meat according to your genes, there is nothing you can do. But avoiding extremes could help.

Also, one has to understand that cancer is as simple as abnormal growth of meat (in most cases). Abnormal growth occurs when you do abnormal and un-natural things repetitively for a long period. For example, some people drink very little water. They rarely pee and when they do its all dark yellow. If these people do not die from cancer, no one will. Rule of thumb, one has to drink water until **** is clear. It's common sense. Why wait until some doctor tells you?

A few things to think about while we are at it:
- You think your body does not absorb the man-made chemicals in the shampoo?
- You think teflon from cooking-ware never gets into your food and never gets into your system?
- You think you never inhale your car tire. Why do you think news stations report latex count just like pollen count?
- You think air-fresheners really clean the air? Who inhales the chemicals?
- You think burning scented candles help you breath easier?

Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

I am a cancer survivor i had thyroid cancer when i was 16. I am 20 now so not doin too bad.

No MKIII Supras a friend of mine is the Moderator of MDsupras.com he was talking about these calenders last night at his house but he said that what ever website that sells them gets a dollar for each one. Or well at least his does.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator

hmm...that is one nice picture they have for an example...

Old 02-03-2006, 04:19 PM

Mostly conjecture. Many brilliant minds have been trying to prove or disprove what you've said to no avail. There's credible evidence that smoking, some chemicals, and too much sunlight can cause cancers. There's also some new data that shows too little sunlight causes cancers, from a lack of vitamin D or something.

Since you stressed drinking water, you should consider a couple of things. Flouride that's added to drinking has been blamed, much the way you're blindly blaming, for different cancers, including bladder cancer. If you drink bottled water, then you need to be extra careful of tooth decay because it does't have flouride, or does it? You don't really know where that stuff comes from. There have been and I believe still some bottled water brands that just bottle public drinking water from somewhere.

Anyway, my point is you can be as careful as want, but you'll never be careful enough. You have no idea what you're actually ingesting, especially if you rely on marketers to tell you what is in their products.

AMGMercedes' comment is so outrageous I can't believe anyone would repeat such nonsense. It would make for better bull**** if he said the drug companies are behind it. It's so "US agencies/government can collect all this 'cause' money for themselves" is just a plain stupid comment. Talk about a conspiracy theory? This one takes the cake.

Quick Reply: Get one for charity!