Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

A decision to make

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default A decision to make

Would you rather be the president or millionaire. You can only have one but you can have both. Note: There are some loopholes.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A decision to make

Millionaire who wants the stress of president screw that i'll take my millions and set back and relax. I figure i am 21 i got another 60 years y not just be stress free for the rest of them.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:56 AM

i'll take millionaire any day. president has no appeal to me.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 PM

Millionaire.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

so you all would give up the chance to change the world and have an impact on how the US goes down in history for a million dollars? You can set things right as president. You have power that money can't buy, but he can have all that, just give me the million dollars so i can buy a nice quiet spot in the suburbs somewhere and be unknown.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

President! For sure. It is worth way more than a million dollars. You can make that ten fold on your memoirs. Just think of the pension?

Besides, I could "fix" things that are broken. First things first. The UN building would be turned into a homeless shelter and Kofy Annan would be "hung" on a pay-per-view event. Then...well, please, don't get me started...

Old 06-08-2006, 06:02 PM

You can set things right as president
Oh, really. I wonder how many ex-presidents would agree with you? There are two other branches of government that have a voice as well.

I think being President of the United States would be a poor job. Many other occupations improve the lives of others more that the head beaurocrate. IMHO>

Old 06-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Heard of Executive Orders?

I would dismantle many institutions...starting with NASA. To give the people back their taxes.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

But at least you have a little more say so than just any smoe joe off the street (unless your pockets rae full and you "invest" in the right people.)

Old 06-11-2006, 09:26 PM

Heard of Executive Orders?
They are not the normal way that legislation becomes law. As far as I know, only a few Presidents have tested the limits of this unconstitutional scheme. Still, the Supreme Court can overturn you. And then the next President could dismantle your order, no?

Besides, in a democratic republic, representatives of the people are supposed to set the legislative agenda-not the P.

If we want the President to have so much power, then I say go with a parlimentary system.

Then there is the fact that a felon can't run for President. .........so, I'm guessing you're out, BikerDrew?

Disclaimer: I have no hard evidence that BikerDrew is a felon. That's why I said I'm guessing and put it in italics. Its a weak attempt at humor. But, in point of fact, there are quite a high number of felons in congress, relative to other organizaions-or so I read once upon a time.

Quick Reply: A decision to make