Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Cyndi Lauper

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Default Cyndi Lauper

I was surfing the satellite channels and landed on a Cyndi Lauper DirecTV Freeview concert. It was taped at her recent concert performed in NYC.

Man, I never liked her at all. Multi-colored hair, Fruit Loop costumes, that NY accent, and the baby-talking sense of humor(less). What a mess she was.

Okay, so at this concert in NYC her hair was one color. It's blond. Gee, I never realized that. She wore conservative costumes for a pop singer. She only pulled a couple of doofus faces the whole time. No baby talk. You could see in her eyes that she was tired of being a prancing gum-chewing cartoon and was serious about her music.

She gave a really powerful performance. Her voice is still unique, but I didn't giggle when I heard her sing. Her old music had a new and better sound. Sincere, somehow. I thought to myself that she wasted a whole lot of years being whatever it was she was trying to be. I actually enjoyed the show and was sorry it ended.

I'm scaring myself.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Default RE: Cyndi Lauper

What she was doing was selling records. She has the same voice and vocal range that she did in the 80's. The only difference is that her persona back then was what it needed to be so she could sell records the the record buyers.

That said, I agree. She has a great voice, I'm glad to see that she is "normal" now, and... you're scaring me too!!!

Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Default RE: Cyndi Lauper

Yeah. You gotta put food on the table, I guess.

I --->almost<--- cried when she sang True Colors. Same voice and singing one of the greatest songs ever, but I never heard her sing it before like she did in that concert.

BTW-Correction. It wasn't a Freeview concert. It was a special on HD Net.