Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Crap, Hamas wins election.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Crap, Hamas wins election.

You realize i meant people that live and are citizens of other countries can say what they want about the US just as we can say anything we want about their countries.

I don't know exactly what the Dixie Chicks said but as long as they voted they have the right to their opinon.

I am also glad u stated almost treasonous because this is how the US Constitution defines treason and in the US it is the only defintion of it that matters:

Article III,Section 3.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted. "

Old 01-26-2006, 10:34 PM

LugNut is in the "offtopic" section of the Forum... Why would anyone be offended of rude behavior on the internet... its the internet... he has opinions, you have yours. Its a Hate/Hate relationship... ... ... sounds like me and my mother...
Only thing i am worried about is GASOLINE Prices... 2.35$ and rising per gallon... 19gallon tank... oh fun!

Matt

Old 01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Ha $2.35 i wish it was that low try $2.59.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:37 PM

No, I didn't realize you meant that. Sure, I agree. I thought you meant US citizens in a foreign country. However, people still have to be careful what they say. Take the Iranian president, for example. He's going to get many people killed just for the things he's saying. Some country will get antzy and may make a first move based on his statements, and others will follow in support. If Iran makes the first move, many countries will descend on Iran with destruction in mind. Iran doesn't stand a chance in either case against the world.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy is what many think the Dixie Chicks and other bleeding hearts have done, and still do. The definition is nebulous, but they did the usual Bush-bashing rants while on stage in a foreign country. Such attainted talk, it was argued, emboldened our enemies while we were at war and endangered our troops.

You might ask why they weren't charged with treason. What would be the point? There was nothing to gain by jailing a bunch of big-boobed blondes over the Iraq war. Anyway, they learned their lesson by a large drop in record sales and fans, and basically having been blacklisted from radio. They tried to salvage their "careers" by apologizing to the Bush administration. It didn't help. Like I said, they aren't the real Americans.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

I agree the Iranian president may very well get alot of people killed included his own people i think he may have went to far with what he said about stopping the oil. But now with this mess with Hamas i think that comment will be forgotten.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 AM

One thing I always wondered about... Palestinians live on that land for HOW long? Then somebody comes in and tells them to move over, because the real owners came back.

I'm not saying that Palestine needs to fight Israel, but what was done to them is kind of unfair, don't you think?

Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Iran is more of a threat to world peace than Hamas. A nuclear threat, nonetheless. We can live with a cut in oil production and higher gas prices (gulp!), but not a nuclear war.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Just a bunch of thugs. They're a threat primarily to Israel. Israel can squash them on their own whenever they feel like it.

"Palestine" was ruled by Arafat, another terrorist leader (who incredibly won a Nobel Peace Prize), so it shouldn't surprise anyone that Hamas has taken power.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Try paying around $7-$8 a gallon like in Germany

Old 01-27-2006, 12:54 PM

Palestinians live on that land for HOW long? Then somebody comes in and tells them to move over, because the real owners came back.
This is a common misconception. Many people think the Diasporas of the 1st and 2nd century left the Jewish nation scattered around the would and vacant from Palistine. Palistine has never not had Jewisn people liveing there. Since BCE, thousands of people of the Jewish nation have always lived in Palistine. This isn't to say that Arabs didn't live there also. For roughly 2000 years, until 1949, when the UN designated part of Palistine as a modern Jewish state, it was never officially ruled or part of an Arab nation.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

I think a nation is more an idea than a place. I thought it would have been cool to divide Iraq into regions: Palestine, Kurdistan, Bathistan...etc. equal weight given to each population with a Parliament to govern the whole area. That way, each "nation" would control oil and land assets, but not too much of each. Israel is too small geographically to share with two nations in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Crap, Hamas wins election.