Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Could I have some taxes with that?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Could I have some taxes with that?

Just be glad Kerry didn't get in! If you want to reduce taxes, lobby for welfare reform. And let your elected officials know that you don't care what the effects of monkey farts are on the breeding habits of donkeys. More money goes to useless crap than any citizen knows about.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:10 PM

Hell I live in VA and I have to pay taxes for... now get this... my cars. Not once, when I buy it, like most people, but every single year! I have to pay the state for the honor of owning a vehicle and living in this state. BTW this tax was inacted by a liberal, and is finally being phased out by... you guessed it a conservitave.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:56 PM

Most states collect personal property taxes on cars. VA is not unique. Why didn't you move to MD?

VA will eliminate personal property taxes on cars and raise taxes somewhere else to make up for it. That's not unique either, but it makes the people feel good every time.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:47 AM

Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since a fiscal conservative has been in the White House. The closest we've come in a long, long time is Clinton. Maybe some day enough people will get PO'd enough at all these Republicrats to go Libertarian.

Old 11-26-2004, 06:10 PM

When I was self employed (retired on disability now) I was in the top income bracket and paid 28% before deductions for expenses and such. Your figures are flawed as someone mentioned. Your seem to be giving but not taking back wha tis legally yours. Remenber almost everything you use for you self enployment is a tax deduction. I had a section of basement walled off and made into a home office, 1/6 of all my house expenses were legally deductable then, 6 room house office represented 1/6 so 1/6 of gas, electric etc all legal deductions, then if you travel there is 38 cents per mile or actual expenses, I used actually, If you but a computer you can depreciate that over a period of time. I would get a good accountant/taxperson, if you have one now, they are not good. I was self employed close to 20 years and the last 15 years or so I usually left part of my tax return with the Feds and the State and paid less and less each year, the last two years I paid $0 in taxes as I had accumulated enough in both my federal and state accounts I didn't pay anything out. Then I had a back operation with left me handicapped and in chronic pain and live on disability. But such is life easy come, easy go.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:51 AM

If Clinton was a fiscal conservative, then pigs can fly.

Old 11-27-2004, 11:21 AM

Name the last U.S. president other than Clinton who spent less money than the government was able to raise. Better yet, find the last republican to do it. Reducing taxes is only half the equation -- reducing spending is the other. Conservatism = spending less money than you have. I'm no Clinton fan, but his administration did reduce the national debt.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:18 PM

Yeah, he sure did. In a soapy bubble sort of way. If he had spent another year in office it would have popped all around him like a gushing intern. What a phoney bastard.

As it was, we experienced the worst recession in history within six months of Billary leaving office. A recession that started fueling up while the cigar man was still in office. If Dubya hadn't lowered taxes to stop it, we'd all be in a soup line right now.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:34 PM

True -- for the most. The "worst recession in history" is an overstatement. Regardless, GW combined tax relief with the kind of reckless spending that reminds me of my ex-wife. Face it -- the thrifty, private sector-oriented, small-government GOP hasn't been seen in decades.....

Old 11-28-2004, 08:37 AM

Things would be a lot rosier right now if we didn't have to pay for this Islamoslime crap. That costly hat would have been hung on any sitting president on 9/11/01. It's a detail you must highlight and it's not fair to count it as part of Dubya's economic improvment plans.

BTW, if we weren't spending gobs of money fighting terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd be spending the same gobs somewhere else. Surely Clinton, or anyone else you honor as a "fiscal conservative," would have done more than merely lob a cruise missle or two into Afghanistan, empathize with the "down-trodden and misunderstood" Muslims and seek them out for group hug, and schmooze endlessly with the froggy French in retaliation for the 9/11 attacks, right?

Quick Reply: Could I have some taxes with that?