Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Default Bad news

Hello everybody.

First I must tell you that I am not Lugnut (Allen) but his nephew Travis. Lugnut has not been posting here lately because he passed away on May 7th. He died of a heart attack caused by a massive blood clot. He was 53. I found a link to these forums on his PC while looking for information on accounts/bills etc. It looks like he was pretty active on these boards so I thought whether you liked him or not you all should know. I have read some of his replies to posts and it looks like he was kind of a clown here just as he was in real life. It has been a while since we have talked to him or even visited him; he liked to keep to himself, but it really caught all of us off-guard. Last we heard his cancer was in remission (it wasn't) and he was doing fine. He bought a camper and started traveling around. I was also really surprised to find out he had an SL because it doesn't seem like his type. He has always been into American cars with V8's like Chevelle's and Vette's, but I took the SL600 for a drive before we brought it home and I can see why he liked it!

I am sure his death will be a shock to many of you as it was for most of my family. When we arrived at his home in Georgia it did make me feel better after talking to friends and family that he had fun and really enjoyed those last years of his life. I am sure I will have some questions about this car when the time comes to register it and actually drive it more than just once. MB is a new one to me but I have tools and learn fast. If anybody has any questions or comments I will try to answer them. Since I am young (26) and work full time I won't be able to post as often as my uncle did but I will check back as often as I can.

Sincerely,

Travis

Old 07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Bad news

Hey Travis;

Thank you for letting us know. Some of us were worried since Lugnut was a daily contributer to our forum.

From me (at least), please give his friends and family my sincere condolences. Lugnut will always have many writings for you all to review on this forum and we all benefited by his banter and contributions.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

OMG-I am sorry to hear that his last post was the reply to my post that ut was May 7th which is my Birthday i am only 21 and I very much enjoyed talking with him. Even worse that he had to die the day i turned 21 and was complaining that i had not accomplished anything. Also strange that even at the time had been thinking about getting a Vette. I had planned on askin some more about them but then he never got back on. We will all miss him greatly i know I sure will. Here is a link to his final. Post

https://mercedesforum.com/m_45896/mp..._/tm.htm#45901

Old 07-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Well i am sure well all agree that the forum will never be the same again and I know i am greatly saddened. I know used to wait for his replys and would get on just to see the comments he had to my posts. Thats how i ended up with most of my posts.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

thank you Travis for informing us about Allen aka lugnut.

all he wants before he croak was to have a good puff of havana cigar, since he quit smoking and suceeded. i think he wasn't able to do that.

my sincerest condolence to all his family circle.

yes, he was happy during the days of his life.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:47 AM

A serious loss to the forum -- he has been and will continue to be missed. Sincere condolances to you and your family. Quite a shock at 53 years young... May he RIP.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:28 AM

thoguht we didnt always agree on stuff, and I would often cal lhim "uggy wuggy luggy" He seemed ot be a nice man and I hope that he rests peacefully in heaven or whatever way he would prefer. Rest in peace.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:08 AM

I read many of Lugnuts, Allens posts and they always made me laughing...

Although I´m here in the forum since a very short time, it makes me feel very sad to read this message.

Ditto my sincerest condolence to all his family circle.

Peter

Old 07-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Lugnut definately fit with the group and he was great to talk to considering his wisdom. His unexpected leave of absence was concerning, however I would have never guessed death had been a part of this. Now that he has passed away, I know there will always be a gap or what not, but hopefully it will draw us forum members together more. Thank you for letting us know Travis, it's greatly appreciated. I hope you, your family and Lug's family can overcome the incident. Rest in peace man...

Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Normally I do not do posts while at work but in this case, this deserve an exeption.
That is sad new the elder of this post had to go. Even though we bumped heads everynow and then but he was the type of guy I could see chilling with and having a good political debate with in real life. And he had great knowledge in these type of cars. I knew it was wierd that he's been gone for a long time and now we know why. Never thought it would be because he has died at 53. Man, life is too short sometimes. I'm not good at things like these but I try.

He won't be forgotten.

Quick Reply: Bad news