Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Animal activists are at it again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default Animal activists are at it again.

What in the world? I think these animal activists are some of the most dangerous US/European based terrorists in this world. At least they don't blow up things too often. Who in the world come up with these ideas in that org? I don't see how they can qualify as activist. They should be called extremists. Nothing wrong with naming your cause, supporting your cause, and stuff like that. It's a right. But when you start disturbing other people's rights and safety and lives, then the line is crossed. You don't have a right to disturb and cause or attempt to cause harm to other people. They are no better than the Al-Qaeda. I wonder do they fund each other. And digging up the dead is just batty. Sometimes I really think that some humans are actually de-evolving instead of evolving. One day our future ancestors will look back and say some of the things and the thinking process of some people were total idiots. Too bad some of them can't see that.

Here's the link and story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060504/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--

Old 05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Animal activists are at it again.

And digging up the dead is just batty
Perhaps, but it worked.

"The campaign led the family to announce last year they would give up breeding guinea pigs and return to traditional farming. "

Old 05-04-2006, 02:54 PM

Perhaps, but it worked.
You must be one of those "activists?"

I think there should be two lines at every medical facility. One for those wanting all available medical care and the other for those wanting medical care that had nothing whatsoever to do with animal research. That would "work" too. The people in the first line would get medical care and the others would get a cuddly stuffed animal and a lollipop.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Yet another point we agree on.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with that too. We are at the top of the animal order and if we have to use others to further urselfs fine by me. But i dont want people out killing an animal just because then can either.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:59 PM

But i dont want people out killing an animal just because then can either.
Are you a vegetarian?

Old 05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hell no! I mean just killing them for the hell of it like deer hunters that kill a deer for just the rack and dont eat the meat. MMM deer meat.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:18 AM

What if someone besides the deer hunter eats the meat? Hunting is a healthy way to manage animal herds and flocks. Why does the hunter have to eat the meat? The people in slaughterhouses don't eat the meat of all the animals they kill. Nobody eats the meat of animals killed during medical research. We do or allow all these things because we can. You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Of course its fine if some else eats the meat thats how i get mine. The medical thing is fine also. I am saying a legit reason other than just a trophy basically i guess i am against trophy hunting. But fur coats to me are fine cause at least someone is wearing it and not just hanging it on a wall. Understand?

Old 05-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

meat always get eaten.

maybe not by humans, but if you will shoot the elephant for their tusk... the vultures, hyena or worms will take care of the rest.

when i went to tibet few years ago, we went to a place where they cut up ther body once they are very dead... and feed it to the vultures or whatever gets into it.

their ground was stoney hard and difficult to dig 6 feet for burial, and the wood so scarce for burning.

i just can't imagine having your dog dragging home a limb for his dinner after a day of scavenging. horrible.

Quick Reply: Animal activists are at it again.