New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Why Mercedes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Default Why Mercedes?

Hi,

I am researching Mercedes-Benz for one of my classes at York College of Pennsylvania. I have two simple questions that I am asking you to respond to you as soon as you can:

1. What makes Mercedes-Benz better than other luxury car brands such as BMW, Lexus, Audi, and Infiniti?

2. Who should own a Mercedes-Benz?

Thanks in advance,

Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Default Response

Hi, I would like to respond to your questions:

1.- Starting with the fact that all the brands that you mention are very desirable, Mercedes Benz has a rich history that goes from the invention of the first automovile in January/1886 to a seasoned competitive background. Other German manufacturers have managed to produce very reliable and powerful machines but Mercedes has always been a step ahead of the pack thanks to their reliable, timeless and fine cars.

2. My grandfather used to say "Mercedes are for poor people, because they never break". Aside from certain models produced mainly during the 1990's, Mercedes vehicles have always been extremely reliable and as long as they are provided with original parts and minimal maintenance, they will run for a long time. Proof of that are all the old Benz that you will see driving around town, and if you ask their owners, they will tell you how much they love them. I have a 1967, a 1981 and a 1986 myself and any of those could be used as a daily driver with no problem. You don't see that on BMW's or AUDI's. Regarding Lexus, without denying their superb reliayability, have you noticed that everytime the ome up with a new model it reminds you (the headlights, the profile) of a Mercedes of a BMW? Its for a reason.