New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Whole new world for me

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Default Whole new world for me

Well hello there Mbenz people. I am the the rook who is now sporting a new look.

I was not looking to buy a Benz but could'nt pass it up when the opportunity presented itself. I have a 1996 E320 that I bought off a friend whose wife did not appreciate it being a rear wheel drive car in Michigan. She was not very cnofident driving it in the snow.

I am going through withdrawl here because I have always been a Honda man (currently own two) over the years. HEEEY it is not funny, I am being serious here MAAAN. There was something about this car the first time I drove it made me think "I 'm in the mood for love". My honda's hold a special place in my heart but I cannot help but think about this new relationship that I am going to develop with my Mersoupes.

I got a question but I am too emotional to ask it right now

Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Whole new world for me

I got a question but I am too emotional to ask it right now
it involves money?

Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM

Congratulations on your first Benz.
You can begin mod by changing headlamps and tail lights.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site!!

-Matt-

Old 02-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

My wife loves Hondas! She talked me into buying a new accord6, 6spd; I guess I'n not a Honda man, I sold it 5 months later.

Here's some differences I noticed between the Honda accord 6spd and the clk, that led me into selling my accord and buying the clk.

The accord "bobbed" on its springs after coming to a stop, the clk doesn't. (major annoyance)
The accord rear dives during acceleration and front dives during braking, the clk doesn't, much less.
When I lean against the accord the body panels pop in-out, the clk is solid. (major annoyance)
My Honda dealer lost interest in me after the purchase, where my Mercedes dealer lets me sit in cars I could NEVER afford, when the only thing Iv'e bought from them in the last four years has been t-shirts and car wax in the gift shop.
People on the road bullied me and tailgated me in the accord.
Other drivers treated it like crap; dinged the doors from front to rear.

I like the Benz because its sturdy, and strong, and fast. There's nothing wrong with Honda; they simply have a different competitive priority. I think they value economy over strength.

OK, teens never really look at my car; they probably don't even know what it is. But I really like the car, and every once in while, someone I do not even know will approach me to say they like it too.

Charles