New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Tele8

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Default Tele8

Could someone please inform me if it is good to get the Tele8? Am I'm saying it correct or should it be TeleAid?

Old 02-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Default Tele8

I've had TeleAid since the first day I got my car, althoughI've only used it for less than 3 times over thepast 3 years. Theanual fee is $200 something, it seems expensive, but consider it being less than $1 a day and maybe one day it'll be a lifesaver.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Default Tele8

I just purchased an '01 E430 with the Teleaid option. I called about it yesterday and was told it is $240 per year subscription fee. In addition, each time you use it you are charged an airtime usage fee by AT&T of .40 per minute. Also, if you use it to get directions you are charged another $2 per call. Seems like a lot of "nickel and diming" to me, but I will probably try it out for a year to see what it's like. As previous poster alluded to, it's a relatively inexpensive way to acquire some peace of mind.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Default Tele8

Yup..there are still airtime charges (30min of airtime is included only to new vehicles w/1st year ofservice). But I've only been charged for pressing the information button, not the wrench button though....luckily I don't need the SOS yet, only used it to setup the TeleAid