New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Resto-Modder needs parts!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Default Resto-Modder needs parts!

Hi,

My name is George and I've chosen the moniker Resto-Modder.
My Mercedes is a 1975 280SL Euro model "Grey Market" car. It's Black. I'll post pics but I can't today.

The six cylinder 2.8L finally died on my way home from work last fall. This is a very nice car and I like it "a lot" so I decided to put another motor in it.
I've been slow to start this project as It's been a busy year, new job, recently married, blah, blah, etc.

The new Motor is a 5.6L V8 from a 1992 560 SEL. This is not an easy swap. I have read about another chap doing a similar swap with a 1986 5.6L. He had a lot of problems to sort out and since his website has not been updated in five years, I assume he didn't finish the job. I have heard of nobody else who has attempted this.

I will finish the job. Today I tried to put the "new" motor in the empty bay. I met some challanges. I need some parts from a V8 107 Chassis, That is an SL or an SLC.

If you have available any of the following items, Please e-mail me at g.i.m.great@gmail.com nad hopefully we can come to an agreement.

I need:
Engine support brackets, year: 72-89,
Left Exhaust Manifold, year: 72-89,
Right Exhaust Manifold, year: 72-89,
A Guage Package, year: 83-89, Model: SL, SLC with an Aluminum V8 and a four speed Auto.
An Oil filter/ canister/pump assembly. (not sure if the oiler from a 4.5 liter will fit, I'd prefer to have one from a 3.8L or 5.6L)

I could also use:
-A nicer set of seats, mine are a bit rough. These would have to be red.
I need the pads for the back rests and covers.
-A Heater, mine seems to run all of the time and cannot be shut off. This problem started last year.

If you have any good suppliers of new parts I'd like hear about them.

Happy to be a member.

George.