New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Newbie CLK 320 owner from usa says Hey! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Smile Newbie CLK 320 owner from usa says Hey! :)

Hey all

As the title suggests, I just got my first Mercedes about a year ago and I have to admit I'm in love!

I don't know much about cars, but I am very interested in learning how to fix things on my own car - I dont want to be one of those girls who takes her car into the dealership or mechanic and gets taken just because I'm not a guy :P

So any and all help and information offered here is greatly appreciated! Im so glad to have found this forum and happy to be here

Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Hi, glad to here you are happy with your car some thing's you will be able to do yourself But unfortunately many problem's can only be found and reset by a Star diagnostic machine, before any work just post on the forum and I am sure someone will be able to tell you if you are being "taken".

Happy Motoring enjoy the car

Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Smile

Thank you - it is very happy motoring indeed!

Mostly, I just want to be literate with the basics - I know there are a lot of things that are going to be beyond my ability but the general upkeep like changing light bulbs etc I am hoping to pick up so I can do on my own. How does someone go about learning that kind of thing ... I'm scared to use my own car as a guinea pig hahaha

i guess its just youtube and other resources and a give it a whirl...

Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Adarah, don't worry about changing light bulbs quite simple, for example look in the boot there is a flap that you can undo, behind there is a cluster just look before you leap! these just unclip and all the rear bulbs are easy to get at.
Like I say have a good look first and take your time do not be put off with it being an MB