New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New to the Mercedes World - EXTEMELY

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Default New to the Mercedes World - EXTEMELY

Well, ill start out about my past cars and then ill follow into who i am... my cars may list a little as who i am tho.
My first and Second car(s) were both 1989 Honda Preludes.
First one... I dropped 9K$ into the motor, suspension, tranny, wheels tires, the entire care was built for speed. I blew it up one night on my way home from work... i stretched my 8900RPM limit to around 9500 and sent two rods through the sides of the the block.

Second One... Well, i too dropped around 9G's into it and blew two very well built transmissions at the track. I decided, the hell with this and saved up to move to KS (as planned) with my G/F.

NOW ABOUT ME! I am a 21yr old male from Manhattan, KS. Why Kansas you ask? Well, this girl is very much worth it. I have been a motor head since i was 2yrs old... Used to work on my dads hot rods with him, till he passed away and i got into imports.
I got to Kansas to be greated with open arms from her ENTIRE family, very comforting... I was also greated with a tittle and Key/s to a 1987 Benz 300E... mint condition interior, paint needs some work and i need to get the electrical working so it starts... (pointers, hints, what should i look out for?)

Thats me.
Matt

Old 06-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New to the Mercedes World - EXTEMELY

i have been looking for the same kind of girl also who's family can give me a mercedes.

on electrical...get a wiring diagram first so that you know where to look to.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Welcome Matt...
My only advice is to keep the RPM's down

Old 06-17-2005, 03:59 PM

Yeah, i plan on keeping the RPM's lower. Probably just gonna do a show-car theme this time in stead of a tire-turner. I ordered 4 JL 12" W7s, some mids, some highs, a head unit, instillation kit(s), 400$ in dynomat... should be fun. Drop it off at the shop and let them do it all.
The only reason they gave me the car is becuz no one uses it and it just sits in a barn. When i got it it was covered in dog-prints and bird crap.

Matt

Old 06-17-2005, 04:00 PM

I thought I was marrying into money. My wife came from a high class town, Madison, NJ. But she lived on the other side of the tracks, So I married for love.
My first car was a 1959 MGA, white body and red leather inside. This was probably one of the worst cars I owned. But I kept it for two years, fixing something most everyday. I graduated to a used Austin Healy 3000, which was a bit more reliable, a bit more, is the magic words. Then I was close to getting drafted during the Vietnam war, so I joined the Navy and sold the car, for almost what I paid for it. After boot they sent me to Corpsman school (Medics as they are called in the Army) and I ended up with the Marines in Nam for 14 months anway.

Midwestern's are the nicest people I've met. How is Toto doing these days?

Old 06-20-2005, 09:25 PM

No, this isnt a money relationship. The car they had laying around in the barn(litteraly, her grand mother lives on an old farm), it didnt start when i got it, i just had a new wiring harness put in it, along with a battery, starter, altornator......
The midwest so far is a different beat away from Florida(14years of the sunshine state). The atmosphere is more relaxed, not as rushed. I am also enjoying it becuz i am away from the coast and the hurricanes (4in one years is enough for me), and up here in Kansas we're in the valley so, tornados are a rarety. I love it. The best part is being with my G/F, so nice to wake up with her in my arms.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

The best part is being with my G/F, so nice to wake up with her in my arms.
hope you won't wakeup one morning with her grandmother in your arms...

so the car is driving okay now? any more tell tale problems?