New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New Member from Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Default New Member from Toronto

Just wanted to say hello. I do not have a Benz but my wife has a 2003 C240.

I unfortunatly have a 2004 Volvo S60 AWD. This must be the poorest car ever designed. Makes the Lada, Yugo and Trabant look like works of art and engineering masterpieces!!!

Until next time!

brianf

Old 01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Member from Toronto

S70 or S80 should have been better.

they are comparable to audi, mb, and bmw.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:13 AM

When my wife was alive, what was mine was her's and what was her's was mine. Unless, of course, what was her's was something I wanted, then it was mine. It doesn't work that way in Canada?

Old 01-05-2005, 12:17 PM

I'm surprised, I came very close to buying my wife one. Down here in the lower 48's, The car magazine love this car. Sorry to hear you got a lemon, but it happens. Has the service been any good and has the dealer made an effort to satisfy your complaints. Talking about Yugo's I read Bricklin is trying to bring in another Euro car, can't remember the make or model?

Old 01-05-2005, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: C280 wizard

I'm surprised, I came very close to buying my wife one. Down here in the lower 48's, The car magazine love this car. Sorry to hear you got a lemon, but it happens. Has the service been any good and has the dealer made an effort to satisfy your complaints.
Re the Volvo S60 AWD: It is more of an issue with design flaws. The turning circle is more than 42 feet. Not a chance you can do a U turn. If you have to park the thing you need to plan 1/2 hour in advance. The steering itself is terrible. Like driving a bicycle with straight forks. After 2 hours you are exhausted. The Benz on the other hand tracks straight forever. Also with steering, after a sharp turn, when you release the wheel it does not snap back. It digs deeper. I have had it to the dealer twice for alignments.

Absolutely NO REAR SEAT LEG ROOM. This is really a 2 passenger car. (Huge trunk though). A $50,000.00 car with no power trunk realease or light in the engine compartmnet???? Heated seats that just barely get warm. They have been programed to 100% heat too.

The car is about 11 months old with less than 10,000.00 miles and I am through the paint on the leather seats already. This is not dirt, it is through the dye/paint.

The most stupid door locks ever designed. They are not a rocker switch like every other car in the world. It is a single button that opens and closes. So if I use my key fob to open the drivers door, then want to let a person in the passenger side when I pick them up I must first push this button which now locks all the doors and hit it again to open all the doors. Not to bright volvo.

Lots of buzzes, rattles and wind noise. The most unusable hard to figure out HIVAC system ever designed.

They key is the size of a cell phone. If you are going to make it that big it should go into the floor console or dash but it does not. It goes into the steering column and my knee touches it.
On the good side, maybe the best seats I have sat in. Maybe even the equal of Mercedes. Also the AWD works quite well and comes on quick.

So why did I buy this turd you may ask? I never test drove it. I needed a new car and was going to get another C240 but with AWD. My wife thought it was dumb to have 2 of the same car (Benz) so I thought Volvo. She thought that was fine and the Volvo was going to be her car and I would take her Benz.

Neither her or my 16 year old son will drive the Volvo so I am stuck with it. I've tried to trade it but these things depreciate quicker than a domestic. I can't even get 35,000.00 for it.

Sorry, my rant is over.

brianf

Old 01-06-2005, 10:54 AM

Don't be sorry for ranting, I have done the same, as I have been stuck with a few lemons over the years. One car was so bad, I had an agrument with the Service Manager, who was an arrogent person and I go so mad I punched him in the jaw and floored him. I was 18 or 19 at the time. Didn't get in trouble as the owner of the dealership, sided with me and told the service manager he deserved what he got. He kep his job on the promise he would not sue me.