New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New Member Here, Future Mercedes Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Default New Member Here, Future Mercedes Owner

Hello All,

My name is Josh. Went to school/grew up in Colorado and moved out to Alabama for a job offer after graduating. Aside from being an Engineer and avid martial artist, I am very much a car enthusiast. I started with DSM's as a teenager, a great simple start. I moved on to the Nissan 300ZX, and spent about 5 years building a true beast, capable of about 500rwhp. As Im settling down in life and want a bit more...finesse...than simple raw power, my beloved 300 is up for sale and Im looking into getting a Mercedes. I also owned the new 350Z for a few years before selling it and buying a Volvo for my fiancee.

My main goal now is research. I want to learn alot about the SLK and SL series of Mercedes cars, pros and cons, what to look for when buying, etc, as what I purchase will be one of those. I also will hope to learn alot about some of the common and most safe of the performance modifications done to these cars. Id like some power but am not concerned with sinking my pocket book into it like I did with my 300. As is the cycle, Ill hopefully learn alot here, meet some new people, and at some point start contributing back to the discussion.

I also moderate on a local Racing forum as well as a martial arts forum, so hopefully I will be able to integrate the rules/flow of this forum and not be considered a "noob" for too long!

Josh

Old 12-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Default RE: New Member Here, Future Mercedes Owner

welcome aboard josh.
there are many tuners available.
it all comes down to your personal taste/preference and how many arms & legs you have...

Old 12-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Member Here, Future Mercedes Owner

welcome josh