New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New MB Diesel owner says Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Default New MB Diesel owner says Hello!

Just joined forum after acquiring a 1985 300D Turbo that I intend on converting to WVO. The car has been sitting for over a year under a car cover but cranked up after the 3rd turn of the key with a new battery. Pretty encouraging!!!

Hopfully this forum is full of good help for a MB newbie...already gotta weird brake thing happening on the way home that may be a vacuum issue?

Please feel free to direct me to any spots within the forum that might help me with my model/year and anything relating to grease burners.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Default RE: New MB Diesel owner says Hello!

welcome mine 87 300D filter filter. If you run WVO filter your stock good before it goes intothe car, and add a extra filter to the car. Which filters I'd base that on replacement filter costs. unless you have several holding tanks for time to setal. That was my problem and my filters were good but cartrige costs were expensive. Watch trying to run WVO in cold weather

Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the reply and info!
I live in GA and the temp is typically not an issue. This is a 3rd vehicle anyways and can be garaged if too cold. I'm in the process of getting my filtering system together and my main concern is getting the particulates out of the grease. I'm planning on running a 2-piece filter system in the car getting it down to a 5micron level which should be plenty and also save the money on that bit, as I should only have to change the 1st larger/cheaper stage more often. Hopefully this will be fairly easy and I have the help of a guy who has done 5 of these and figured out many of the pitfalls already.

My main issue currently is getting thecar in solid shape after sitting over a year. I think I already have a vacuum issue with the brakes, but this forum has already lead me to some easy trouble shooting for this. Once everything is solid, I'll start the conversion. Wish me luck!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:34 AM

I've got some vaccum issue's to track down on my 87 300D too. Mostly heat brittle reach in to do something and end up fixing a vac line too. At my current rate and better weather they should all be chaged under the hood. One cheap filter I used was my old tube socks
[ wife looses one alot] used 3" pipe to tank rolled sock over the lip and let it hang down. As it gets dirty the level gets higher and then becomes my fire starter. The better it is filtered before it gets the the cars tank the better. Good luck

Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 AM

[sm=Flahssssss.gif][sm=welcomesign.gif]