New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New to forum / Have Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Default New to forum / Have Question

Hi everyone...new to the forum....I have a 03 CLK 320 that I just purchased last week.

It has 34k miles and i am thinking about getting an extended warranty from Mercedes.

I am looking to get the 100k coverage....they quoted me $3,700...it seemed a little high

How much should I bargain down too? Is it even worth getting an extended warranty?

Old 05-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Default RE: New to forum / Have Question

Hi
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY AND UP TO 100K IS THE BEST CHOICE. Why you have to buy it ? Because the repair is very costly in Mercedes benz not because of the cost of the parts but the labor related to the STAR SIGN AND spEcially some unexpected breakdown. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO READ CAREFULLY EVERYTHING IN WRITTING IN THE CONTRACT AND WHAT REALLY COVERED BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE YOU CRY IF YOU DIDN'T READ CAREFULLY. "For example, in the coverage of your car's Radiator. You have to make sure it is cover the main radiator, not the plastic bottle connect to it". ELECTRICAL SYSTEM IS THE MOST CONCERN IN THE COVERAGE. YOU HAVE TO ASK IN THE DETAIL WHAT WILL BE COVERED AND WHAT IS NOT. YOU CAN NOT BLAME THEM IF YOU DON'T READ CAREFULLY. MANY TRICKS IN THE READING AND REALLY NEED OUR BRAIN TO ANALYZE IT BECAUSE THESE CONTRACTS WERE PREPARED BY SMART AND PROFESSIONAL WARRANTY POLICY PREPARATOR. I HAVE BEEN THRU THIS SO I USE MY EXPERIENCE TO SHARE WITH YOU. FROM THE FIRST DAY I BOUGHT THE WARRANTY UNTIL I SOLD MY CAR, I SEEM TO PAY MORE THAN LESS BECAUSE WHAT IS COVERED IS NEVER BREAK AND ONLY SOMETHING IT IS NOT COVERED WAS BROKEN BUT HAS IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT BRING WITH YOU A PIECE OF MIND AND YOU MAY LUCKY TO GET A BRAND NEW ENGINE FOR FREE OR NEW TRANMISSION FOR FREE. NOTHING HAPPENED TO ME AND I PAY THE INSURANCE FOR NOTHING BECAUSE I AM A CAR'S LOVER AND CARE MY CAR LIKE MY BABY SO NOTHING IS BREAK DOWN DURING MY OWNERSHIP BUT I RECOMMEND YOU TO HAVE IT BECAUSE IT COVER YOU FOR SOMETHING YOU DON'T EXPECT TO HAPPEN. TRY TO FIND SOME TRICKY POINT AND WEAK POINT IN THE CONTRACT AND USE IT TO NEGOTIATE DOWN THE COST. i HAVE DONE THAT AND I WON. Good Luck and enjoy your new car ( i always said that when I bought an used car because I start own it so it is new to me.).

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the good advice.....I will definitely use it

Any ideas on how much I should shoot for the warranty price ($3k, $2.5K, $2K) from Mercedes?

Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 PM

Hi
Since your car is new so try to negotiate down to 2.5K is the most for 100k warranty. I paid the same amount for my 2000 E320 at 53K miles and I am lucky that my 2000 E320 is the one has few recall and no electrical system problem but just few warning lights on in default and dealer has replaced them when I bring my car for major tune up. Try to search on techincal forum about your car's model for any expected recall so you can bring to dealer for free fix. Don't wait until it happens and it will cost you more. For example, I found out my car has two recalls though not that serious yet. They are Harmonic balancing, passenger side airbag in the right door sudden came out while the car is parking in the hot day. Though these issues were not happened to my car but I am just be aware and bring to them earlier. They has done the harmonic balancing but the airbag, I will wait for next b-plan service. You can also go to www.carfax.com to register and provide your car vin number to rescan your car past history to be sure your is not in accident or has past electrical system failure history. The report will also shows you how your car is maintenant within 34K miles. I also give you some fun info stuff for your car if you are intersting to decorate your car in high class look. You can visit this web site: http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com. Enjoy it and let me know if you has any further question.

Regards,
joedao2005