New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

new to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005 | 03:25 AM
Default new to this forum

Hello fellow MB enthusist. I own an 1984 500 sel euroversion. I have slowly been restoring this car and I always get positive comments on how cool it looks for an older 126. It seems like I have had every nut and bolt out of it twice but I haven't touched the interior of the engine or tranny yet. I posted in another forum how that I was having problems with the cruise control and oil pressure. They only response I got was to forget the CC and rebuild the engine. I only have 276k miles on this engine why should I rebuild it? It doesn't smoke and I still go 130 to 135 mph (very rarely of course). I was hoping that someone on this board can give me some advice on the MB cruise system. I have replaced all the circuitry and motors and switches and it still doesn't work. The MB factory manual doesn't really give a step by step diagnosis table. I just got from an Ebay auction a very rare item and am really excited about installing the telescoping column. I got it without all the harness connections and no instructions. If anyone has info on this item please let me know.
Myron