New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

I have had it Mercedes Indonesia, I need some help Internationally

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Default I have had it Mercedes Indonesia, I need some help Internationally

Gentlemen,

I have had about as much of this arrogant nose up in the air, we will help you when and if we want attitude from Mercedes Indonesia and I wanted to know if any of you could pass to me the email addresses of anyone in Mercedes International manangement so I can make a complaint directly to them. PM me or email me at robtmiley@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks for all help and replies.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Default RE: I have had it Mercedes Indonesia, I need some help Internationally

goto: www.Mercedes-Benz.com

Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Default What good does that website do?

There are no email addresses on there for Mercedes International and as a few of you have asked on other forums what really happened, here is the whole story.

I went to the delaership on Fatmawati, they actually ignored me and said they would have someone call as their sales were all "out". I never had a return call.

I went to the dealership on Mampang where 2 old women about 50 years old were sitting and looking at each other like "what do we do now" when I and my Indonesian wife walked through the door. I asked regarding a SLK, they said "no stock" and went back to where they were sitting. I asked to see the sales guys and the Sales manager had just left for the day, this was at 16:30 or 4:30pm.

I called the dealership on Sudirman at 11:55am and asked to speak to the sales manager, the receptionist put me on hold and 5 minutes later the phone went dead. I called back (by now it is 1 minute after 12) and the security answers I assume because the receptionist has gone on her lunch break and then all the security said was "No English" and hung up. I called back and the same happened, he hung up.

I then called Mercedes Indonesia (Daimler Chrysler) and I got through to the Director of Sales, his name is John George Macloed Good, now with a 10 dollar name like tha you would expect service but all he did was pay me lip service and make a recommendation to talk to Hartono motors in Daan Mogot. I went over there and talked to the girl at the sales desk, she said they had no SLK's in stock and then when I suggeted maybe I would be better off buying it from the gray market dealers (unofficial importers for overseas car and not supported by Mercedes Indonesia) she agreed with me. Then I asked to see the Sales manager, finally after waiting some woman showed up, her attitude was very arrogant and she had a take it or leave it attitude. I asked why all the Mercedes that are sold officially by Mercedes Indonesia dealers have no real options in them and she actally said that Indonesian consumers are not sophiscated enough to use those options. I then took her own brochure of the SLK with the "Indonesian standard" of options and asked why in Indonesia (a country where the average temp in Jakarta is 34C during the day and not lower than 24C at night) would they have as standard a heated rear window? She said she could not answer, I then said it was unusual for a Sales Manager not to be able to answer such a question and she responded in a talking down tone that she was not the Sales Manager she was the Operations Director. We waited for appx. 10 minutes for someone to answer the heated window question and becuase I was already offended at the way she talked so racist about the sophistication of the Indonesian consumer and her inabiliy to answer my question I left.

I then called the Mercedes Indonesia, Director of Sales, John George Macloed Good again to relate to him what I have put up with with his Indonesian sales staff and he was not in. I left a message, he did not call back, I again called the following day and left another message and again he did not call back. I then wrote an email to him and is assistant, her name is Lisa Wijaja and I did not hear from either one of them for a few days. I then called Lisa WIjaja and talked to her last week, on Thursday. I made it known I was not happy that Mercedes Indonesia, Director of Sales, John George Macloed Good, could not get off his LAZY *** and call back especially since I was always told he was at the factory (seems they have had some "internal issues" and the Securities Exchange Commision out of New York has requested they do some auditing of the Indonesian Mercedes Indonesia office which has resulted in 1 gentleman with Mercedes Indonesia already taking "early retirement". Now the factory is located about 2 hours by car from the head office and a man like John George Macloed Good would most surely have a company furnished driver to drive him around Jakarta so all he would have to do is call me back on his trip from the office to the factory or on his trip from the factory to home but this guy is just to lazy to look after a potential customer of a Mercedes car.

When I talked to this Lisa Wijaja, she said that John George Macloed Good was very busy with the Audit team and that she would sit down and talk to him about my case the following day (last Friday) and whe would respond to my email with a return email on that Friday. I waited 1 week and no response. I then went and looked at some Jaguars and some other cars. I want ot make it known in the Mercedes International community that Mercedes Indonesia does not car for potential customers so how do they expect a customer to buy from them if this is the way they are going to support someone who is thinking about buying a Mercedes here in Indoensia. Oh and just to make it clear, not sure what you pay n the States but they price a SLK 200 on the road (standard configuration no real options) at Indonesian Rupiah 1.028.000.000 which translates in to USD 113.000, yes One Hundred and Thirteen Thousand United States Dollars and selling at that price they do not even want to give proper custonmer service.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Default RE: What good does that website do?

Dear Mercedes Benz Enthusiast,

"Please understand that while we do care for you, you must understand that the dealership that services your area has (for the most part) complete autonomyover their operation. I am sure that your legitimate concerns will be addressed in fashion and spirit that Mercedes Benz expects and desires. Perhaps a fresh approah will better suit the situation."

Understand sir, that you own the mercedes, not the people you brought it from. The finance company expects their money, because they could really care less. You are the one that may owe the money! They're not intersetedd in your concerns or how many people you've talked to about them. What's important now is...whether or not we (on this forum) can help you. And that is the question that begs to be answered. Can WE help you. Warranty issues, you have to seee service department.

So, how can we (on this forum) help you?

Old 09-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Default How can you help?

You should try reading and comprehending rather than assuming. I have NOT officially bought nor taken poccession of any mercedes. NO where in my previous posts does it say I have. I AM STILL TRYING TO BUY 1 FROM A REASONABLE DEALER OR AT LEAST GET MERCEDES INDONESIA TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT WHEN IT COMES TO THE ATTITUDE OF THEIR DEALERS IN JAKARTA, THEY ONLY HURT THEMSELVES.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Default RE: How can you help?

Please forgive me for assuming. And it was an assumption. Your post is rather lengthy, truthfully, I gave up on it, and made the assumption that you were to some degree disgruntled about your treatment, being an After-Sales customer. My bad, you're not even a customer yet, so I apologize.

However, my previous post still holds a valid point. If you've purchased or should decide to purchase a Mercedes Benz; you will come to find that people are just people everywhere. Regardless of where they are, what they're selling, or what so-called position they occupy, or the title they attach to their names. They're just people.

If you find someone who will listen (in the car industry), be sure to know that they too ask themselves, "now, can he help me sell a car, today?" "If he will buy a car today, I will listen his ranting until the cows come, as long as he buys this car!" "Why?" "Because my numbers are down this month, and I really need this sale!" "And if he's not talking about buying a car, because he's concerned with the bad attitudes and the lack of attentiveness of the people and upset because when he walked in the carpet didn't get-up and greet him with a cup of coffee; then you're going to be disgruntled for quite a while, my friend." "Because at closing time, if you haven't bought this car, we're going home! You can try again tomorrow!!!!"

That's what they're saying...or something like it...

Though many give the illusion that they care, they do, but they can't afford to be concerned, because it's a numbers game, remember that! And if they didn't get your business that day when you walked in, ok, they didn't get your business that day! But you didn't hurt there bottomline, either! And nor will "you" stop their flow! Now you want to call the headquarters...like they're going to talk to you about being a prospect? They could care less about some "lone prospect" calling about the attitudes, or how shoddy the customer service was in another country that has regional autonomy in that country!

But because you want to talk to someone, here is some information for you. At least you can start here, and then ask more definitive questions once you make contact:

DaimlerChrysler Belgium Luxembourg NV
Tollaan 68
B-1200 Brussel
Customer Assistance Center
00 800 1 777 7777
email: dialoog@daimlerchrysler.be

Mark DeHaes, CEO
Helmut Schnapp, Dir. After-Sales

OR

DaimlerChrysler AG
Vertriebsorganisation Deutschland
Team Kunenbetreuung
10878 Berlin

+49 30 2694 3447
Mo. thru Fr. 8 am to 7 pm.

At least start here, and once you make contact, then ask for more definitive information to complete your search to your satisfaction.

We all have our Benz frustrations as it bears on the subject, and we own Benz... We wish we could make it all better, but it is...what it is.

Good luck to you. I hope you purchase a Benz. And I hope you enjoy your Benz! But once you buy that Benz, your relationship is chiefly between you and your finance company, or finance department, whichever is applicable. And of course the warranty department. But none of this will make people treat you the way you think you ought to be treated.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Default RE: How can you help?

Good contact info 97. I believe he did end up purchasing an E280, though it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe he'll chime back in and clarify.