New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

HID Conversion for a 2006 C230 WZ Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Default HID Conversion for a 2006 C230 WZ Sport

Hello All,

It is a pleasure to be on here with all of you. Just picked up a sweet Capri Blue 2006 C230 WZ Sport. I wanted to get the Bi-Xenon HID Light Option
for it, but the dealer didn't have one in stock, and instead offered me the one that I bought for under Factory Invoice. I couldn't turn it down. Anyway, I was wondering has anyone here installed an Aftermarket HID Lighting Kit in their C230? I want the full blown Kit, not the Colored Bulbs. What Kit is the best? What Kit do you recommend? I want to do it right. Any information is greatly appreciated. I can be emailed directly at Carabinieri4u@yahoo.com Thanks!

Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Default RE: HID Conversion for a 2006 C230 WZ Sport

Hi Carabinieri
You can visit this web site for more detail. They sell the full HID modification kit made in Germany for Benzs car. The modification will not change any electrical arrangement in your car but still need a professional installlation person to do it. I recommend you to go to MB Dealer for them to do it. Don't let the independent shop to do it since they don't know benz cars better than the guys in MB. Here is the link:
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com and
here is the direct link to the HID Light system for sale by this online store: http://www.performanceproducts4benz....HID+Headlights. Just cut and paste these link to view it. Good Luck. The price is more than $1,000.00 for the whole kit.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 PM

Thanks Joe, When you click on the link and then you punch in the info. It comes back with nothing available. I called them and they want $2,500 for the Kit. That is just too much for me. Any other ideas or suggestions? Please let me know and thanks again for responding. I really appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:12 AM

Hi
I am sorry to confuse you. I sent you this link for you to look into one of the sample kit they sell for my car model. Usually, I gave you the first main link. You just go there to have a free register with them like I did and then enter your car information then it will come out your accessorires needed for your model. By that time, you just click on the left column for your part search then it will come out with the price for your model. However, you can call them too and after they got your information and address, they will send you monthly update catalog so you can find what you need in there. This is a Giant Mercedes Benz supplier in California so I gave it to you for your info just in case you need anything in the future. You must know even you buy this model with HID option, you will need to pay an extra of few thousand dollars for your HID. I love my car to have HID but I can't afford for few more thousand dollars in my total payment so i wait for few more years. Now it go down a little bit cheaper. You must know your car is 2006 model so if you want HID you must choose it and deal with saleman in the beginning of buying, you will save a lot more than modify it later specially your is new model and the cost for modification is unbelievable. I think you should wait like I did if you want to save money. I don't think you can find any other option to have a cheap HID and REMEMBER NEVER LET THE INDEPENDENT DEALER OR UNKNOWN MECHANICS MESS UP YOUR CAR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OR YOU WILL CRY ALL NIGHT FOR YOUR CAR'S ELECTRICAL SYSTEM RUINED OUT AND YOU EVEN PAY MORE AND MORE FOR ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. I have seen somebody has it so I have to warn you in the beginning. If the car is in Great Shape, let enjoy it and don't even bother her, she will serve you well in the coming long years in peace. Good Luck and Enjoy your new car.

Regards,
joedao2005