New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hi ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006 | 03:38 AM
Default Hi ya'll

My name is Mike I'm new to this forum and have a few ? about these fine German motor cars
Have never owned one (never thought I could afford one)but I'm looking to buy one in the near future
was looking at maybe 01-03 c320 or e320 but I really don't know the difference between the 2 or if these are good models
to own we don't want or need it for a daily driver but just a pleasure car for special occasion and traveling( mid life crises) any info on this matter
would be a big help

Mike

Old 10-20-2006 | 03:55 AM
Default RE: Hi ya'll

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

Both vehicles you describe are nice cars. Both being 2001 - 2003 will more than likely have a few electrical issues, but you never know. Some have very few issues some have heaps of issues.

If you're looking for something to go cruising in once in a while, I'd go for either an SL, SLK or CLK - all nice cars, it's just much more fun with the wind in you hair.

have fun and enjoy your stay here

Cheers

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:12 AM

Hi
I agree. Either models has some electrical issues but if you are carefully do a research, test drive and run some vehicle history on www.carfax.com by enter the VIN number of that car model year. If you visit a dealer, ask them to run for you free but if you run by yourself, you have to pay some fee. i purchased my 2000 E320 two years ago from a MB used car lot inside of a New car's dealer of Mitsubishi. You may ask me why it is so strange to search the car in such a place but you never know, any place is ok as long as you have all information needed like car model reliability history and run some test drive, take some detailed look around the body paint to check for car accident symptom. If you can bring a mechanic with you, that would be perfect. I paid my 2000 E320 at 59,000 miles in Brilliant silver is my favor color for only $17,000 plus $1,500. extended warranty. The car has some issues such as paint has been touched up in some area and this is a lease return with all detailed service record. I have ran a carfax report and see that this car has only two minor electrical serivce during 4 years of leasing that showed to me this car is ok with electrical system so far. No major accident and routine maintenance is always at dealer service. After several checks, i decide to take this car and now my car is around 89,000 miles with no major issue and repair and all covered by extended warranty. From my experience, I suggest you to choose C-class between 2002- 2003 or above. Do not buy 2001 model for C-class and E320 between 2000-2002. Do not buy 2003 E320 because this is the first year, E320 has been remodeled and this model year has a lot of electrical issues even antilock brake failed during the crusing at 65 miles per hour. You don't want to get kill by this car. I am a car lover, so i learn the car very detail in every year with one very simple reason: Car is my life. Car has problem, I has problem too even dead. You can visit online to get more reviews on these models by typing the year, model and type reviews on the url window, you will have a punch of review sites. Good Luck to your new car.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 10-20-2006 | 01:48 PM

Thank s for the info.
And the regards

Mike