New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hi, new member with a door lock problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Default Hi, new member with a door lock problem.

I have an 06 CLK 500 Cabriolet. The doors will lock and unlock normally except when the outside door handle is used. This problem has gotten progressively worse over the last year. What I mean is before it would perform normally with one smart key but with the other it would not unlock but would lock. Later both smart keys would fail to unlock on the first attempt but would work on the second. Later neither would unlock but both would lock. Now neither will lock or unlock the doors. Remote lock and unlock works fine and so does locking and unlocking on the dash. As well, unlocking and opening from the inside handle works. All other functions of the smart key work fine, (trunk, keyless go, fuel door, soft top), and all batteries have been recently replaced. I am perplexed. Is this a programing issue?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM

no. the issue is probably the contacts at the battery in the remote. you need to bend them for better contact with the batteries. theres also a small contact on the otherside that makes contact with the inside of the remote case and bending that upward more should help you..unless youve got water in there at some point.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM

Thnx will try that

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM

OK, I thought I had everything accounted for but it looks like both remotes work at the passenger door, trunk and fuel door. Looks like the sensor in the drivers side door may be faulty because the top won't work with the remote either.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM

If you choose to buy a new keyless entry, don't use USKeyless. They are HORRIBLE! I ordered from them as well. They didn't even ship the part for over a month after purchase despite numerous calls/emails. They were eager to respond until they got paid, then NOTHING. They won't answer phone or return e-mails. Their installation instructions are the worst I have ever seen. It says something like "Chooser the brown wire" when there is over 100 brown wires. They are NEVER available for assistance even though they claim assistance available (and website says avail even on the weekends for assistance). Now it has been 3 months, my car still has the floorboard tore up awaiting a PROMISED e-mail with pictures, but nothing. I have asked for a refund, but they won't respond. STAY AWAY from USKeyless!